Boycott California!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look folks we are all in this together whether you dredge or not.
Pretty soon prospecting for Gold will be banned in every state if we don't act now!

This is WAR and we are loosing ground fast!

Let the Governor of California know how you feel! or bend over for more of the same! Don't wait for someone else to do it.
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

If you are from out of state let the governor know that due to the dredging ban in California your families vacation dollars are now being spent in other states. And that you will also be participating in a nationwide boycott of California products and services as well as agricultural produce.

(e-mail that I sent today)
Use it as a guide if you want.

Governor Brown,

In addition to not spending my vacation dollars in your state and since you have seen fit to deprive thousands of Californians of their livelyhood and countless others of enjoyment of their hobby. I will also be supporting the nationwide boycott of Californian goods and services as well as agricultural produce. Including the boycotting of any and all companies and corporations based in your state, for as long as gold dredging is banned there.

An e-mail campaign has also been initiated informing said businesses and corporations of the reason for the nationwide boycott that is supported by prospectors as well as concerned citizens from all over the United States of America who are standing in solidarity with our Californian counterparts.

Sincerely,
xxxxx xxxxx
City, State

Upvote 0

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
its a great idea, i will send a copy to my local rep

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Letter faxed to Brown and is being faxed to all the other idgets at the capital-

Mr Brown
Since you see fit to take away thousands of people’s income in the form of this suction dredging ban. I XXXX XXXXXXX see fit to not to spend another penny that I don’t have to in this disgraceful state you created.
I will travel to Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona to spend my MONEY.

Dredgers have waited long enough to get back to work making a living for their families.

You have created a legal form of home invasion in the form of dept, of fish & game wardens and forest rangers. And we all know what could happen to home invaders trying to take someone’s money or other valuables.

I myself would not want to be a F&G warden or Forest Ranger wandering the woods or rivers looking to take away someone’s MONEY or valuables.

Hope you can live with yourself if, GOD forbid, something terrible happens to one of these wardens or rangers or dredgers.

XXXX XXXXXXX
Sacramento

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright Hefty, arizonaames, 2cmorau :hello2:

Lets keep it going guy's, tell everyone you know
Send it out to everyone on your e-mail list to do the same.

I've posted on three other prospecting sites. See how many places you can post the Boycott.

I'll try to get the local news here in Indiana to cover the Boycott!!
Also will try and get something on the radio.

Keep the momentum going and don't let up.

"The pen is mightier than the sword"

I am waiting on a return call from "Public Lands for the People" concerning the organizing of the Nationwide Boycott and the "Million Prospector March" I called Tom Massie and discovered that PLP is handling the fight both for GPAA and LDMA.

Keep you posted.
GG~

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
:( Go one step further than letting Brown know that not only will you be boycotting CA products and putting the state on your do not go to list. Let him know that you also will be liquidating all CA assets that you have, from property to stock holdings.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Russau, I do concur that you are correct. Democrat is a terrible disease, that very few ever recover from. But as long as there is a glimmer of hope, we have to continue the fight. If we loose the battle, we will become the moonshiners of our generation. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I spoke with the "Public Lands for the People" representative, sorry I can't remember his name. They are working hard on the legal side with lawsuits. We had a long and interesting talk, turns out that he doesn't hold out much hope for a grass roots boycott or e-mail campaign or march or anything that counts on or depends upon individual participation.

There are just not enough willing participants to do anything productive other than gripe and complain to each other.
It's sad to me that most will just roll over and take what ever happens because they are too complacent to actually do something other than sit in front of the computer and bitch.

Well hows that working out for you so far............?

Actually that's what's wrong with the whole system we no longer have the will to stand up for what is right or be willing to do battle with what is wrong! No wonder the country is in such sad shape and getting worse.

My hat is off to the few red blooded Americans who actually did try to do something, and my finger is up to those pansies who either didn't or wont!

It's not over as far as I'm concerned, I have just begun to fight!
GG~

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted the boycott and the California governors e-mail address on the Central Indiana GPAA forum and within minutes several members had sent e-mails to the Governor. And more are participating daily.

Hoosier prospectors and their resolve to fight injustice are without equal!
I also want to thank the valiant prospectors from TreasureNet for their efforts as well :icon_thumleft:

We need to keep sending e-mails, keep the fight on the front burner and don't let up until victory is ours!
Please contact your local GPAA chapter forum and rally the troops, the situation demands everyone's help.

If we don't beat this thing it wont be because you didn't try........... or will it?

Go for the Gold
GG~

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put the finger back down GG. I jumped on the bandwagon. :icon_sunny:

"Dear Gov Brown,

Don't you think its about time to stop the nonsense and let recreational gold dredgers back on the streams and rivers? Anyone with an ounce of sense can see the ban was created with flawed science to support an ulterior motive. Let me state I'm an avid fisherman. Dredging doesn't hurt, and in fact helps fisheries. The peripheral canal on the other hand will be a death blow to California salmon. Mr Denham's recent proposal to raise McClure dam won't save a drop of water either.

In this time of fiscal uncertainty California needs every resource it can get. Recreational dredgers help the economy, as do fishermen. This has gone on long enough and has made California the laughing stock of the recreational mining community. Cut to the chase and let the miners return to the activity that was instrumental in creating this state in the first place."

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
It is not over yet. We need to fight them on every front. Let them know that Armageddon is coming toward them the next time they face reelection. That we and our money will do all we can to eliminate them and their policies from Sacramento. >:(

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
GrayCloud the current socalled "representatives" know whats comeing for them next election and thats why they are pushing so hard to get "their agenda" inplace, cause they know they wont be there. the way i see it, all/most of these socalled "representatives" of ours are are in the same boat. each aprty is doing the same thing when they are in power "over us"!!!! and "we the people" are paying dearly for it!

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
That is a sad fact Russau. :(
Good Lord willing, some honest people will oneday get in there and undo some of this damage. :icon_scratch:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Calisdad
well said/writen

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
He doesn't care. A political war is brewing. You can only push someone so far. They are taking away liberties a little at a time so you don't notice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread