Boycott California!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look folks we are all in this together whether you dredge or not.
Pretty soon prospecting for Gold will be banned in every state if we don't act now!

This is WAR and we are loosing ground fast!

Let the Governor of California know how you feel! or bend over for more of the same! Don't wait for someone else to do it.
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

If you are from out of state let the governor know that due to the dredging ban in California your families vacation dollars are now being spent in other states. And that you will also be participating in a nationwide boycott of California products and services as well as agricultural produce.

(e-mail that I sent today)
Use it as a guide if you want.

Governor Brown,

In addition to not spending my vacation dollars in your state and since you have seen fit to deprive thousands of Californians of their livelyhood and countless others of enjoyment of their hobby. I will also be supporting the nationwide boycott of Californian goods and services as well as agricultural produce. Including the boycotting of any and all companies and corporations based in your state, for as long as gold dredging is banned there.

An e-mail campaign has also been initiated informing said businesses and corporations of the reason for the nationwide boycott that is supported by prospectors as well as concerned citizens from all over the United States of America who are standing in solidarity with our Californian counterparts.

Sincerely,
xxxxx xxxxx
City, State

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
To many sheeple stuck with the dot.com B.S. and dont get out anymore, and they dont know how to do manual labor or just dont want to.
Back when gold was around 300 an ounce, before it jumped to 800 for a little bit, and then dropped back down.
The river im on was packed up and down with miners. Now at 1600 i dont see anybody working the river where im at. Just at the GPAA claim back at the road, easy access stuff.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Hefty, Give me about 14 more months and I will be rubbing elbows with ya. Full Time. :thumbsup:

pastorals

Jul 12, 2011
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ducking the dreaded finger to say I have emailed the Governor.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Mornin 2c
What is that link?

Maybe we should all join there academy and destroy them from the inside.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
:protest: :protest: :protest: Lets go protest at their academy

Programs

Regional Climate Change Program -> Regional Climate Change Program Events & Trainings
(Last Updated: Thu, Aug 25, 2011)

PROJECTS | EVENTS & TRAININGS| PUBLICATIONS | PROGRAM STAFF | LINKS

Upcoming Program Events & Trainings

2ND ANNUAL SIERRA ORGANIZER ACADEMY

Hosted by the Sierra Nevada Alliance
Training conducted by the Midwest Academy

Wednesday, October 19 5:00 PM to Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:00 PM
Granlibakken Conference Center and Lodge, Tahoe City, CA

dagreat

Feb 28, 2010
Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Governor Brown,

I am a Californian, avid fisherman and general outdoor enthusiast. I applaud your efforts to keep our environment, waterways and our State's overall ecology safe, but I believe the ban on recreational dredging was created with flawed science to support an alterior motive.

Please take the time to look closely at the hard data. There are many statistical discrepancies that just don't add up. In this time of fiscal uncertainty, the California Economy and Ecology need every resource they can get. Recreational dredgers not only help the economy, but help our state's ecology by removing trash, lead and mercury from California waterways.

I hope that you, or your staff, do get a chance to audit the hard data. I know you will find that there is a compromise that would help both sides of this debate.

Thank you for your time,

Rob Young

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Mr. Young

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Good post Dagreat. :thumbsup: I am not very happy of being locked out of the Motherload. :(

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're going after the fishermen now. Just saw today where they are hitting ALL stocked fishing waters with mandatory DEQ studies that will cost over $10,000 and have to be done every year.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i read awhile back that labor unions are fed up with o because he promised them jobs and didnt follow through with it! and now his jobs bill pops up. untill "we the people" are put back to work, o and the dems are in deep caca!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
They're going after the fishermen now. Just saw today where they are hitting ALL stocked fishing waters with mandatory DEQ studies that will cost over $10,000 and have to be done every year.

'They' are the Center for Biological Diversity out of Arizona. They filed suit last year and cost Calif Dept Fish and Game million$$. A VERY dangerous grroup with too much money on their hands.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
No fishing or mining. They have Jerry Brown again and they don't need anything else down there. He closed the state in the seventies and now he's back to keep it that way with the help of Arnold.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
If thousands of smelly, stinkin' communists can protest around the country for months without being removed and leaving there human debris for the rest of us, there is no reason that this community can't band together with dredges and different mining equipment at different state rec. areas where most of us tend to mine and have an our own Occupy Freedom To Mine on Public Lands Outing on the usual first day of dredging season. We've obeyed this stupid law long enough!

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend that everyone who sent an e-mail also send an actual letter.
E-mails carry little weight with these people. Actual letters(especially handwritten instead of printed) carry more because they show the person has taken the time to sit and write it out. I've heard it said that a single letter outweighs a dozen e-mails. A phone call is kind of in-between an e-mail and a written letter. The top of the line is a personal visit to your congresscritter's office. If you have the time and dedication, try to schedule an appointment with your Senator/Representative and deliver your concern in person. They know that for every one person that takes the time to come by the office there are likely a hundred more that share your opinion.
My letter went to:

Governor Jerry Brown
c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread