BP Oil

orion024

Jan 4, 2010
orion024 said:
This is how you fix it:
1: Get Dupont to make a Neoprene sock/ boot to pull over it, using submarines or ships! Make the end of the sock, kinda like a rubber change purse, have 2 overlapping pieces that open when the right amount of pressure like that is being exerted from the leaking oil pipe, say a 24 inch flapper! On the other end of the sock have a fitting to connect a mile of pipe to for pumping or for suction, fill pipe with sea water to be displaced when oil/ methane is being forced through pipe! I don't know if the pressure would be enough by itself or that you'd might only need a little bit of pumping power to get it loaded on ship! Simple, this plan just needs a few calculations adjusted to work! This idea is patented! ::)

I don't think they can blow it up, because of a chance they might increase spillage! OR they might have to wait till the other relief well is drilled! Question: I came up with a total gallons of spillage to be near 15 million gallons of oil/methane, Did anyone else come close to this figure??

My original calculations of oil spillage is way off, maybe more around 40 million gallons, imagine a 55 gallon drum barrel being filled in 5-6 seconds @ a rate going 24-7 for 46 days! I really feel my solution for stopping the source or redirecting the oil to be pumped would actually work, the company Dupont could certainly make a rubber-kevlar-neoprene sock/boot/balloon to fit over the pipe! I was really thinking of maybe something composed of oil to fix this problem, kinda ironic, huh? Whatcha think??? I thought that you could hold rubber sock in place with staples, or large weights, or by using submarine or ship to hold it down! I am still waiting to hear for Horizon Support Center to see if they liked my idea! This was my confirmation letter from them:

Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your concern and willingness to help. Please complete the form located at http://www.horizonedocs.com/artform.php with as much detail as possible.

This will allow us to quickly and accurately collect your information so that we can forward it to the appropriate technical reviewer. Once your information has been analyzed, we will contact you with the result of the review. Please note we are receiving thousands of potential solutions from the public and it may take some time for us to get back with you. We are currently implementing multiple tactics to both control the source of the leak and the resulting spill. Once you fill in this form, you do not need to contact us again.

Thank you!

The Horizon Support Team

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orion,, myself and several others I know have sent in solutions. My stupid suggestion was that after is was sheared off to modify the shears into a crimper and slowly crimp the opening closed till it was a manageable flow to contain. Another was to burn it as fast as possible as it hit the surface. The dispersant is what is keeping it under water and out of view. I never heard back from them.
@ Bigcyp Hunter?
Could a correct rotation in a storm possibly be of benefit and is that even a consideration. I have not researched that line of thought? Can you post some pics in a new thread as you see the spill coming ashore or inland?
Tnmtns

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
TnMountains said:
Orion,, myself and several others I know have sent in solutions. My stupid suggestion was that after is was sheared off to modify the shears into a crimper and slowly crimp the opening closed till it was a manageable flow to contain. Another was to burn it as fast as possible as it hit the surface. The dispersant is what is keeping it under water and out of view. I never heard back from them.
@ Bigcyp Hunter?
Could a correct rotation in a storm possibly be of benefit and is that even a consideration. I have not researched that line of thought? Can you post some pics in a new thread as you see the spill coming ashore or inland?
Tnmtns
From what I heard a hurricane would push the oil way up into the mangroves where it would be impossible to remove. Ive been out all day I havent seen the news yet today. :(

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. Good luck and keep us updated on what you see..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread