Braided Hair+Flying Eagle+Buckles = Good Day

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Kyle and I got out for yet another successful Saturday detectathon. Kirk had a date so he was predisposed. We went back to the oats field that produced a Classic head largie for me last week and a KG III Copper for me last fall. About 15 yards from where the Classic head flew out of the ground I got a signal which about blew out my eardrum. A nice Braided Hair large Cent introduced herself to good ole Zeus. 1841 and I must say that put some spring in my swing. Shoe buckles out the ying yang soon popped out of the Colonial/Post Colonial/Early American Doit. 3 Buckles and 3 shot musketballs ( one of which is in the pic ) in all. Also about 50 yards from the largie I found this object made out of white metal with my Astrological sign on it. This was a sign that it must be my day. This thing is probably early 1900's. About 10 yards from that I got a nice signal from the XL PRO which turned out to be a Flying Eagle Cent with an 1857 date. Only my second ever. The last one I found in 1990 and was 1858. Now all I need is the 1856 YEAH RIGHT...."Not bloody likely" seeing how there is only about 2000 of them. Never count out Zeus for being that lucky is what people around me say. A great hunt with the one and only Zoyboy.He found a nice civil war Us staff officers coat button. Too bad Kirk didn't go. The ground was perfect for digging so very soon we will be going on permission missions for the millions of spots that Kyle has lined up. I can't wait.
Chris
PIC00001-9.jpg

PIC00006-4.jpg

PIC00011-1.jpg

Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice finds all the way around. I wish I could find one of those Flying cents. What VDI do they put out, or for that matter where does the needle land on that XLPro? Congrats on the finds. jgas

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
jgas said:
Nice finds all the way around. I wish I could find one of those Flying cents. What VDI do they put out, or for that matter where does the needle land on that XLPro? Congrats on the finds. jgas
Thanks Jgas...It came out to 36 VDI on the XL PRo sliding scale. That is dead center Pulltabs. I know...that is depressing.
Chris

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice newer copper there, Zeus. And the FE is great. :thumbsup: Its good that there's enough detail to see what it is. My last one was total crap for condition.

-Buckles

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds as usual you Coppa magnet!!!I have dug two flyers and they both came in as pulltabs on the M.X.T.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super finds Chris :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Can't wait til the thaw. :'(

Attachments

• 23_30_109[1].gif
    23_30_109[1].gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 765
  • 23_30_109[1].gif
    23_30_109[1].gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 770
OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
BuckleBoy said:
Nice newer copper there, Zeus. And the FE is great. :thumbsup: Its good that there's enough detail to see what it is. My last one was total crap for condition.

-Buckles
Great to hear from you Buckles. This is only the second Braided hair that I ever found. I thought the F.E. was an indianhead fatboy until I was able to fingernail scrape enough crud on the back for Kyle to point out that there was no shield. So it was either an 1859 injun fatboy or a F.E. I then thought to myself that the wreathes were different on the 2 so even if I couldn't see the eagle then that would be another way to identify it. Well the wreathes are different but as it happened the eagle did show up and big surprise...so did the date.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
kuger said:
Great finds as usual you Coppa magnet!!!I have dug two flyers and they both came in as pulltabs on the M.X.T.
Thanks Kuger...I do seem to have a way with those Coppas. And yes it did read pulltab for the flying eagle. Thats why I only found 2 in my life. Now that we are hunting mostly colonial sites I now dig those pulltab readings. Last year I found a decent KG III counterfeit that read pulltab. You never know.
Chris

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Off to another Great start this year Chris.....two nice Copper"s.Big Congrat's to Ya :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread