Braided Hair+Flying Eagle+Buckles = Good Day

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Kyle and I got out for yet another successful Saturday detectathon. Kirk had a date so he was predisposed. We went back to the oats field that produced a Classic head largie for me last week and a KG III Copper for me last fall. About 15 yards from where the Classic head flew out of the ground I got a signal which about blew out my eardrum. A nice Braided Hair large Cent introduced herself to good ole Zeus. 1841 and I must say that put some spring in my swing. Shoe buckles out the ying yang soon popped out of the Colonial/Post Colonial/Early American Doit. 3 Buckles and 3 shot musketballs ( one of which is in the pic ) in all. Also about 50 yards from the largie I found this object made out of white metal with my Astrological sign on it. This was a sign that it must be my day. This thing is probably early 1900's. About 10 yards from that I got a nice signal from the XL PRO which turned out to be a Flying Eagle Cent with an 1857 date. Only my second ever. The last one I found in 1990 and was 1858. Now all I need is the 1856 YEAH RIGHT...."Not bloody likely" seeing how there is only about 2000 of them. Never count out Zeus for being that lucky is what people around me say. A great hunt with the one and only Zoyboy.He found a nice civil war Us staff officers coat button. Too bad Kirk didn't go. The ground was perfect for digging so very soon we will be going on permission missions for the millions of spots that Kyle has lined up. I can't wait.
Chris
PIC00001-9.jpg

PIC00006-4.jpg

PIC00011-1.jpg

Upvote 0

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Chris. By the way...what kind of passionate detectorist gives up a day of hunting for a day with a lady?? ::) Oh yeah....I guess you can figure me in on that list too ;D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris,
Any day detecting with your nephew Kyle has to be golden. :thumbsup: ;D
Way to go on the oldies. You never let us down. I can see why those finds would have put a spring in your step. They would has put air in my dress if I found them. :tongue3: :tard:
Congrats guys,
MM
(Marilyn Monroe)

Attachments

• MM.jpg
    MM.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 536

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see the coppers again Zeus...however...your buckles are not shoe buckles...they are harness buckles, the scourge of relic hunters!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on another good outing. With the forecast for the region, it looks like it may be the last outing for a while!

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
silverfreak said:
Nice digs Chris. By the way...what kind of passionate detectorist gives up a day of hunting for a day with a lady?? ::) Oh yeah....I guess you can figure me in on that list too ;D
Thanks Bryce....And as for Kirk, I haven't seen the boy this excited since last year when he pulled out the Liberty Cap thicky. ;D
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
ModernMiner said:
Chris,
Any day detecting with your nephew Kyle has to be golden. :thumbsup: ;D
Way to go on the oldies. You never let us down. I can see why those finds would have put a spring in your step. They would has put air in my dress if I found them. :tongue3: :tard:
Congrats guys,
MM
(Marilyn Monroe)
You better believe it Doug. It's good to be back swinging away in the open fields.
Here is some pics of my hike today. Bald Eagle at Little Pine State park. Chris

Attachments

• PIC00006.jpg
    PIC00006.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 430
  • PIC00007.jpg
    PIC00007.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 428
  • PIC00106.jpg
    PIC00106.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 411
OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
romeo-1 said:
Good to see the coppers again Zeus...however...your buckles are not shoe buckles...they are harness buckles, the scourge of relic hunters!
Thanks Romeo. Thanks also for the Buckle ID. :thumbsup:
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Neil in West Jersey said:
Congrats on another good outing. With the forecast for the region, it looks like it may be the last outing for a while!
Thanks Neil and I agree on the weather prognosis.
Chris

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Thanks Neil and I agree on the weather prognosis.
Chris

Here's something to help you get through it:

-MM-

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
jgas said:
Nice finds all the way around. I wish I could find one of those Flying cents. What VDI do they put out, or for that matter where does the needle land on that XLPro? Congrats on the finds. jgas
Thanks Jgas...It came out to 36 VDI on the XL PRo sliding scale. That is dead center Pulltabs. I know...that is depressing.
Chris

There is one easy way to tell those Flying Eagle Cents from the pull tabs. It is rare to dig a pull tab at 8 inches, and unlikely to dig a Flying Eagle at 2 inches or less!

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
jgas said:
Nice finds all the way around. I wish I could find one of those Flying cents. What VDI do they put out, or for that matter where does the needle land on that XLPro? Congrats on the finds. jgas
Thanks Jgas...It came out to 36 VDI on the XL PRo sliding scale. That is dead center Pulltabs. I know...that is depressing.
Chris

There is one easy way to tell those Flying Eagle Cents from the pull tabs. It is rare to dig a pull tab at 8 inches, and unlikely to dig a Flying Eagle at 2 inches or less!
Unless you hunt farm fields like I do.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
jgas said:
Chris

Excellent point. I should have followed my comment with "when detecting wooded areas".

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
jgas said:
Chris

Chris

Excellent point. I should have followed my comment with "when detecting wooded areas".
The flying Eagle was about 5 inches deep.
Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread