Brandon Rhineharts response to the state

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was some activity today, the court has accepted the Amicus brief filed by our opponents, and on the flip side, Western mining alliance (WMA) and Pacific Legal Foundation(PLF) also filed an Amicus brief on my behalf which was also accepted into the courts. It has not yet been posted but if you want to PM me your email I can forward it to you.

PLF has just recently joined my efforts, the are a non profit group standing up for the small guys like myself. Glad to have them on board.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Brandon, any way for your attorney to find out if the center for biodiversity billed the state for writing the states response. This smells bad.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anybody notice who and what organization is suspiciously missing from their friends of the court list?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bingo! Kind of strange the founding mother of the movement and team not staying the course. Guess it's kind of a sticky situation fighting the technology you wish to use in future grant scams. Or wasn't there something in the amicus brief about being paid for involvement or writing or something to that effect.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Mark you just don't understand, if miners dredge it is bad, if Izzy and the Sierra Fund dredge, it is good

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a question about the mercury.
Wasn't there a report out there about how the levels have dropped, obviously through time they will. But wouldn't the mercury be in the soils and clay in the lakes, more so than the streams? I don't live there of course, but don't those rivers and streams have floods that erode the existing material and then re-emigre the mercury (if any) back into the water? Plus, at that point, if it's being used for drinking water to the millions of people, isn't the water run through the water plants of California and purified of pollutants?

Plus if these agencies/organizations are so concerned, then what are they doing to clean up the so called tons of mercury in those highly sacred sites of religion/archaeological/historic relevant areas?
What about our miner's history and desire to use our heritage and self rejuvenation (our religion)?
Not that we say Gold is God, but the belief in self worth.

I was wondering about Sierra's involvement.
Smells fishy. Not meant as a pun. I noticed that they only say that the sluice catches the gold and nothing else.

Thanks Brandon for putting up the fight. I'll send what I can and hope it helps. Just glad I don't live there to deal with the crap. But as they say, it runs downhill and any other state could be next. Because dredging is only the tip. You've already read about noise from generators in the camp areas creating too much noise. After they make you do it all manually, comes the last way to mine and that's by hand. Then they'll take that too.
So stay strong brother.

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't there a report out there about how the levels have dropped, obviously through time they will. But wouldn't the mercury be in the soils and clay in the lakes, more so than the streams? I don't live there of course, but don't those rivers and streams have floods that erode the existing material and then re-emigre the mercury (if any) back into the water? Plus, at that point, if it's being used for drinking water to the millions of people, isn't the water run through the water plants of California and purified of pollutants?"

You need to realize, it isn't about the mercury. We talked with the Nation's leading Mercury Researcher, Dr Nick Ralston, and he stated that the naturally occurring Selenium in the soils binds with the mercury and makes it inert. And he laughingly said that if someone wanted to "clean up a reservoir" of mercury, all they would have to do is to spread ONE BALE of hay (grown in Selenium rich soils) across the surface of the reservoir and it would neutralize the mercury in the WHOLE LAKE. That is a far cry from SF's $9M clean up of Combie Reservoir.

The problem with arguing science is that both sides have their "experts". The other side has "experts" who are paid staff members, who support a continuing paycheck from the remediation. We need to step away from arguing the science, or we will be in court for the next 100 years.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Combie was dredged by the power company to keep the lake from silting up, it was the green facist that stopped that, and are now extorting money from the NID. The idea that Pegasus will be able to recover mercury with a cutter head dredge would be like trying to pick up a raw egg with a chainsaw.:laughing7:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wouldn't a head to head competition based on best practice, best value, be a wonderful thing? Double or nothing, all in, put up and shut up, who can do the best, most complete job with the tax payers money.

"Trying to pick up a raw egg with a chainsaw" LMAO! That is a perfect mental picture!.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't there a report out there about how the levels have dropped, obviously through time they will. But wouldn't the mercury be in the soils and clay in the lakes, more so than the streams? I don't live there of course, but don't those rivers and streams have floods that erode the existing material and then re-emigre the mercury (if any) back into the water? Plus, at that point, if it's being used for drinking water to the millions of people, isn't the water run through the water plants of California and purified of pollutants?

Addressing some of the issues, (in no particular order) you raised.

1. There is agreement between us and the greens, that close to a million lbs of merc. is laying up there in the motherlode. What we know to be evident, is that approx. 3 times that amount in LEAD is also there. Complete silence from enviros on the lead. 2. Best management practice to remediate these toxics - underwater small-scale mining, period. 3. Amount of lead and mercury already remediated in the past 60 yrs by the Sierra Fund = 0. The calif. water board = 0. The Ca. Dept of Toxic Substance Control = 0. Region 9, EPA = several hundred lbs (at a cost of approx. 5 million- these were emergency clean-ups of drainage tunnels from old hydraulic mines). Underwater suction miners = 1,000s of lbs of both merc. and lead - cost - FREE. That's it, nuff said.

Plus if these agencies/organizations are so concerned, then what are they doing to clean up the so called tons of mercury in those highly sacred sites of religion/archaeological/historic relevant areas?
What about our miner's history and desire to use our heritage and self rejuvenation (our religion)?
Not that we say Gold is God, but the belief in self worth.

I was wondering about Sierra's involvement.
Smells fishy. Not meant as a pun. I noticed that they only say that the sluice catches the gold and nothing else.

Thanks Brandon for putting up the fight. I'll send what I can and hope it helps. Just glad I don't live there to deal with the crap. But as they say, it runs downhill and any other state could be next. Because dredging is only the tip. You've already read about noise from generators in the camp areas creating too much noise. After they make you do it all manually, comes the last way to mine and that's by hand. Then they'll take that too.
So stay strong brother.

oops, my reply got hidden in between your comments, - sorry.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know that us small scale miners have recovered a significant amount of lead and merc, but they surely don't say thanks to them/us. Of course we aren't looking for that.
As far as scientists on both sides. I have to agree. Just like anything else, there's two sides and they "all" know everything. Lol.
I truly hope Brandon's case goes forward with success. In my opinion, it looks like this could turn up like a hunting permit. Only a certain amount will be allowed. I hope not, of course. At least that way both sides could say victory. Plus, they could easily watch that amount of miners.
Then this would wind up like the golden ticket for Willy Wonkas Factory.
God I hope not.
Keep it up Brandon. Funds are coming shortly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions