Brans "Bachelor Hunt" ;-)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran's "Bachelor Hunt" ;-)

Hey ya'll... I know I haven't been around in a very long time, but I've been busy working full time and going to school full time (again) I finally finished the semester a week or so ago with three A's and one B, so it was a really great way to end the school year. ;D

I've been way too busy (and unmotivated) to do any detecting for quite some time. But I figured I'd get on here and tell about the little "bachelor hunt" that I'm having this coming Thursday & Friday before my wedding on Saturday the 21st :) It's a closed-hunt for some of my T-Net family & friends who are coming from different parts of the country to be at our wedding. The location is and will continue to be a secret after the hunt & wedding are over at the request of the property owner. Let's just say that she's a really great friend... :thumbsup: Hopefully we'll have some really awesome finds and great fellowship with each other while we're there!! And I hope everyone has pictures to post up once it's over as well. Here's a little history of the property we'll be hunting which I posted up on our Facebook event page... (edited for privacy)

Bran <><

History of the Land:
So here’s a little background on the area that we would be able to hunt… the property is a total of 750 acres. Yes, likely too much land for all of us to hunt in a few days. But hey, if we keep things nice and be respectful like, there may be a next time. ;-)

There is an OLD wire road running directly through the property and the property owner’s house was the original stage coach stop for the [ edited ].

Over 12,000 troops marched through there and both Federal and Confederate troops camped on the land. The [ edited ] camped on the property as well, prior to the Wilson Creek Battle in Springfield. That’s is the same battle which Frank James – Jesse James’ older brother – William Clarke Quantrill, and Cole Younger fought in as members of the Missouri State Guard!

The property also served as a huge camp ground for the Trail of Tears movement, along with thousands of travelers over all those years since.

The original owner of the homestead was shot by Bloody Bill Anderson and his gang, right in front of the owner’s wife and children. They also say that Jesse James and William Quantrill also used the property as a camp during their travels to Springfield.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Re: Bran's "Bachelor Hunt" ;-)

sorry I can't make it, but be assured we will be thinking about you and Hannah
keep us informed on the hunt with lots of pictures

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

warsawdaddy said:
Hey,my friend,I will not be able to attend either event,I'm sorry to say.But I certainly wish you both all the happiness and blessings that God will bestow on your life together.
You might want to move that wedding to the 20th!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/14/new-york-man-spends-life-savings-ahead-21-doomsday/

I'm sorry that you can't make it, but we're hoping to possibly make it up for the last CTH4 this year. Hopefully I'll see you there if we do come. I know Hannah has already told me that she wants me to go even if she's not able to, but we'll have to see when that time gets closer.

Haha, I know WSD... I've already looked into the "pastor" of the church who started that false teaching. Not only are they not using Scripture much at all to validate their believes, but they're actually trying to use a mathematical solution based upon "day & time" events (which I bet they're still miscalculating those also) that took place in the Bible to predict Jesus' return. They're so far from the Truth, but that's for them to find out the hard way. God will send His Son in His timing, not this pastor's (or his followers) timing. Jesus can come back whenever God sees fit and I'm perfectly fine with that... but because of something I'll not get into on here, I have a very strong feeling that it likely will not be next Saturday (not saying I know when Jesus will return, by the way). Like I told Trish on FB, it will be a pretty breathtaking ceremony if Jesus does come back on that day! And if He doesn't, we're going to have a fantastic ceremony and honeymoon. :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sniffer said:
sorry I can't make it, but be assured we will be thinking about you and Hannah
keep us informed on the hunt with lots of pictures

No problem my friend! I will definitely do my best to update information on the hunt once it's over and I'll try to get up some pic's as well :icon_thumleft:

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sniffer said:
cool, see you in Sept.

Lord Willing! :thumbsup:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

Hope everyone has a fantastic time and has some good finds. I'll be there in spirit!

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cntrydncr1 said:
Hope everyone has a fantastic time and has some good finds. I'll be there in spirit!

Thank you ma'am! We're gonna need to do some detectin' with Steve when I get back in town!!! :wink:

Bran <><

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brandon,

I too must regretfully bow out. My daughter's graduation from Texas State (and moving) is going to keep me busy, however I do want to wish you and Hannah all the best that life together has to offer.

You are a good man my friend and I must insist that you make it to CTH4. ;D

Rick

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thrillathahunt said:
Brandon,

I too must regretfully bow out. My daughter's graduation from Texas State (and moving) is going to keep me busy, however I do want to wish you and Hannah all the best that life together has to offer.

You are a good man my friend and I must insist that you make it to CTH4. ;D

Rick

Thanks Rick! Believe me, I definitely understand! I've got family that won't be able to attend because of their kid's graduation ceremonies. And moving... lol Well we'll be doing that right after the wedding! It's a 1,200 mile trip, so I'm ready for it to be over!! :D But thank you for thinking of us... and we'll do our best to make CTH4!!!

Bran <><

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All ready let you 2 know how I feel on FB! I wish so bad I could be therebut..... can not get off work.... you know how I feel about the 2 of you ny prayers an blessings on the hunt wedding an trip home to start your new lifes togeather. We will see you BOTH come Sept. !!!!!! :-* :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
All ready let you 2 know how I feel on FB! I wish so bad I could be therebut..... can not get off work.... you know how I feel about the 2 of you ny prayers an blessings on the hunt wedding an trip home to start your new lifes togeather. We will see you BOTH come Sept. !!!!!! :-* :icon_sunny:

Thanks Evy :) We definitely appreciate your prayers!! And yes, Lord Willing you will see the two of us :wink:

Bran <><

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Im counting lots of pics from the wedding sand the hunt

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TEXAN Connection said:
Im counting lots of pics from the wedding sand the hunt

Yep, there should hopefully be lots from both!!

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I didn't get many pic's taken because I was BUSY detecting all yesterday and a little this morning before leaving, due to the thunderstorms. I found alot of rusty implements as well as a ricocheted mini... but this was my two best finds, along with a couple camp pic's. BEF will have to post the pic's he took with his DLSR when he gets here tomorrow for the wedding. And Johnny Ringo will HAVE to post his pic's as well, since he pretty much cleaned the relics up out there!!! We had a really great time!

Bran <><

Attachments

• Campsite.jpg
    Campsite.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 403
  • Hammock and Sil-Nylon Tarp.jpg
    Hammock and Sil-Nylon Tarp.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 391
  • CW Sword Hanger.jpg
    CW Sword Hanger.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 393
  • Carbine Rimfire Case.jpg
    Carbine Rimfire Case.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 394

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

we need more pics, come on put the md's away and give us the goods

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NO WEDDING PICS EITHER ! LOL! :laughing7:
Gee you'd think one pic at least snapped with cell an posted would help ! :dontknow:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

she was stunning as shown and Bran well he looked good too :tongue3:

Attachments

• DSC_0344 (622x800).jpg
    DSC_0344 (622x800).jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 357