JohnnyRelic

Greenie
Jan 11, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro , Treasure Master , MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One of my favorite personal finds. Brass Jesus and some kettle scrap points.

IMG_0799.JPG

Upvote 0

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Nice finds, I love those kettle points. The brass Jesus is very significant, the wooden cross deteriorated and may be part of a Rosary, it could be Jesuit as they were very active in your area. It is well worn, whoever had it handled it daily. I would definitely return to the site and look for more items. Please keep us informed!

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
What are the dimensions of those copper points? I only have one of those bird/squirrel killers but it was rolled up on impact with a tree? Very cool. Congrats

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnny - Maybe Jesus found you? :dontknow: - Congrats on a great hunt!

OP
OP
J

JohnnyRelic

Greenie
Jan 11, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hot Diggity, they are small.....I have not measured, but would say only about 5/8".

OP
OP
J

JohnnyRelic

Greenie
Jan 11, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rege-PA, Been back a few times and found lots of musketballs, a silver gun escutcheon, a jesuit ring, and some stone points / pottery, along with quite a bit of worked catlinite.

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
Truth crucified ... by being caught between two which births a third and summed up by the four ....

Beadman

Oct 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree with rege_pa....it was definatly part of a 2 part jesuit cross..and the jesus seperated....nice finds!....should be yielding some glass beads....love those kettle pts...all we get here in ny is brass triangle pts...stemed pts considered rarer....very cool....i myself would love to also see the jesuit ring...ive been collecting them also...got like 10...i personaly love the heart shaped ones....prob can identify it for you ...or bob can from michigan hes got an awesome collection..

Kaleb71386

Dec 31, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very awesome stuff you found..

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like some nice hand made kettle points. I have found a few that are idenical or pressed out and sold in trade. Nice to see hand made ones. Looking firward to finding a jesuit cross one day if im lucky. Nice hunting area you must have there..thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions