kacuro

Greenie
Jun 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Gmaxx2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colleagues,
I´m detectorman from the Czech Republic. I'm interested in brass handle of fire-starters (see photo) and working on a professional study on this topic. This fire-starters are found throughout Central and Eastern Europe. In the Czech Republic already I know about more than 500 findings. I wonder if these fire-starters are also found in France and what types. I would ask you to send photos of your findings fire-starters. My mail is [email protected]. Thanks.

Best regard
kacuro

Last edited:
OP
OP
kacuro

kacuro

Greenie
Jun 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Gmaxx2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detail of fire-starter with handle. nobody knows?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Have not seen brass handles. Occasional decorative but all steel\iron. Often file material. C shaped or U shaped. Sure like your pictures. Not saying they were not imported to here.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_20120608_152051.jpg 4inchesx1 1/2 inches. Reverse side makers mark IH. (Iron Hand). Striker seated on top of tinder box with burning lens and cover. Makers mark TDC (Ted Cash). Est. Ages 30 yrs tops?.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kacuro

kacuro

Greenie
Jun 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Gmaxx2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello colleagues,
I am sending a link to the first public version of my study of the handle of fire-starters (unfortunately, so far only in Czech). The study is available for download here in PDF format: Ond. My research regarding documentation other findings continues.

Ondrej Cernohorsky
alias kacuro

OP
OP
kacuro

kacuro

Greenie
Jun 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Gmaxx2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting