✅ SOLVED Brass something?

dagaro17

Oct 12, 2018
N. California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what this is? It is made of sturdy brass and has "DS" printed on the upper right. Roughly 3" tall and 2" wide. Found in northern California near an old gold mining site. Thanks!
IMG_7692.jpg
IMG_7693.jpg
IMG_7694 (1).jpg

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of a clock movement

Yes indeed, but I don’t know what part. That’s the ‘ST’ trademark of the Seth Thomas Clock Company Corporation Connecticut, with a registered address at 51 Maiden Lane New York, NY. First use in commerce was 1876 and the mark was then registered in 1908. The mark is still live, having had five renewals, most recently in 2008 with the last listed owner as CST Enterprises LLC at 237 West 37th Street New York.

ST.jpg ST1.jpg

The company began in the early 1800s, making tall clocks and wooden movement shelf clocks. By the time this trademark was in use they were making all manner of clocks in every imaginable style. In 1930 they united with the Western Clock Company, both companies continuing under their own names within the holding group of the General Time Instruments Corporation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

dagaro17

Oct 12, 2018
N. California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys for the quick replies! Red Coat, thanks for the in depth information, I didn’t realize that I had the initials wrong. Treasurenet comes through again. Hopefully someday I’ll know enough to answer someone else’s question on here.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread