Break in the weather

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out yesterday and found a little open ground I could dig.That in its self is pretty fortunate for this early in the game...The digging was slow but was able to find a couple things.Nothing whole but enough to count as artifacts..I'm trying to make finds in all of the months of a year.Not necessarily the same year.I don't believe that will happen..Here's a few brokes....big knife, a pole end of some type of hardcore tool and a few pieces of pottery.Not bad for digging in February...mjm IMAG0199.jpg IMAG0197.jpg IMAG0198.jpg IMAG0198.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about double pics...using phone..mjm

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's hardstone tool.... love that spell check...yes I'm guessing either a gouge or an adze...as I've found a gouge made of the same material..mjm

_Maritimer

Greenie
Sep 28, 2014
New Brunswick
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see a fellow north easterner getting out so early! I'm looking out my office at the Saint John river and it's completely open. No ice on the water and barely any snow on the ground. Haven't seen that before - might be a nice low water year so I can get out on the banks of the rivers a bit more.

Cheers!

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you getting out early for some exercise and excitement too, I can't think of very many places here in central Illinois where I would expect to dig and find something in short order, I'd say you did pretty good. H.H.!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well just a little snow here this year but plenty of rain and now a cold front is moving in. Wind chill out there today. 4 inches of rain this week equals at least 4 ft the creek has risen if not more. Field hunts for now I guess. Im glad you were able to get out and turned some dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions