Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Breaking: Riot Police Confront Veterans As They Liberate Memorials

Level of intensity not seen since Lexington and Concord

Kit Daniels
Infowars.com
October 13, 2013

Riot police are now arriving at the White House to harass the veterans who openly defied the Obama administration by tearing down the barricades surrounding outdoor war memorials.

James Woods ✔ @RealJamesWoods

Thank God we have baton wielding riot police to protect us from 85 yr old vets in wheelchairs. Thanks, Mr. Obama
2:52 PM - 13 Oct 2013
1,539 Retweets 421 favorites

Today’s confrontation is a stark contrast to Tuesday’s immigration rally at the National Mall in which pro-amnesty supporters met little police resistance.

“You have a legal obligation to evaluate the morality and legality of all orders you receive,” a sign posted today on the White House fence reads. “You will be held responsible some day before God, humanity and (hopefully) courts of law for all orders that you carried out.”

A new description for the Obama administration has emerged as a hashtag on Twitter: #SpiteHouse

BWenzd-CUAA5wQx.jpg

@BettinaVLA

PIC: The New #SpiteHouse Slogan--------> PERFECT!!!! @BarackObama @TheDemocrats @SenatorReid @GOP #ImpeachObama

mlr13, mlr13 mlr13 on USTREAM.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
How could anyone put on a uniform and do this kind of crap.
Anyone who is going to riot (over rights, not sports) I suggest making lots of Molotov cocktails and burn those Nazi *******s. I'd love to see those SS POS running around on fire before they die.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
well, seems the truckers did their normal threat and no show.

But the Vets did show. I should have but didn't while I linger in the safety of my home. I do not feel well about not participating. Who the heck am I to even post here? I should have been there.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched 4 minutes and 25 seconds of a lie. I saw no riot police, I did however see one police cruiser cross the sidewalk while holding up the line and one

police suv cross the sidewalk just as the video stopped. WHY did it stop? Why the lie? Where are the riot police? What are you guys smoking?

Hey Ronzie, Where is southern Ontario? Why don't you keep your Canadian opinion where it belongs?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep, anyone and everyone can be heard, from right where they are at!
Follow the link, give our elected officials some suggestions.
You've already paid for that right, as has every Veteran, thank you!

Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

TH made it a sticky up top, it can be easily accessed any time.

Ronzie, your type of extreme thinking takes unconscious cruelty,
to a whole new consciously cruel level. That says a lot, my friend.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
abc-logo.png

DC Crowd Pushes Through Barriers to WWII Memorial

WASHINGTON October 13, 2013 (AP)

A crowd converged on the World War II Memorial on the National Mall on Sunday, pushing past barriers to protest the memorial's closing under the government shutdown.
Republican Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah, along with former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, were part of the demonstrators.

Cruz and Lee are among the tea party-backed lawmakers who refused to keep the government operating unless President Barack Obama agreed to defund the nation's health care overhaul.
"Let me ask a simple question," Cruz told the crowd of hundreds that gathered beginning at 9 a.m. "Why is the federal government spending money to erect barricades to keep veterans out of this memorial?"

Black metal barricades have lined the front of the memorial since the government closed Oct. 1. That's when more than 300 National Park Service workers who staff and maintain the National Mall were furloughed.

As the crowd entered the memorial plaza, they chanted "Tear down these walls" and "You work for us." They sang "God bless America" and other songs.

"Our vets have proven that they have not been timid, so we will not be timid in calling out any who would use our military, our vets, as pawns in a political game," Palin told the crowd.
The memorial has become a political symbol in the bitter fight between Democrats and Republicans over who is to blame for the shutdown. Earlier rallies have focused on allowing access for World War II veterans visiting from across the country.

Sunday's rally was more political. A protest by truckers converged with a rally by a group called the Million Vet March at the memorial. Participants cut the plastic links between metal barriers at the National Park Service site and pushed them aside.

Later, some protesters carried metal barricades that look like bicycle racks from the memorial to the White House and stacked them up outside the gates, confronting police in riot gear. Some protesters carried signs reading "Impeach Obama."

Police moved the protesters back to set up barricades between the crowd and the White House gate. Some protesters chanted "shame on you" at the officers.

An armored police vehicle also was sent to the World War II Memorial people lingered there.

District of Columbia police said the crowd was dispersing by 1 p.m., about four hours after the protests began. U.S. Park Police said there had been one arrest at the Lincoln Memorial for assault, but it was not related to the protest, said Lt. Pamela Smith.

Jim Weller of Allentown, Pa., said he came to protest "to stand up for my rights."

"My father was a World War II veteran, shot down in the Philippines in 1945, and for them to shut down this memorial is absurd," he said.

Cindy Good had a message for lawmakers.

"They need to listen to the American people," she said, "and try to work together in Congress to get this whole thing worked out."

After the protest, U.S. Park Police worked to secure the World War II Memorial again, and Smith said they were still closed because of the shutdown.

The Park Police officers, who have been guarding the memorials amid protests over their closure, are not being paid during the government shutdown.

DC Crowd Pushes Through Barriers to WWII Memorial - ABC News

WWII Memorial cost $197 million to build, feds paid about 17 million, the rest was paid by vets, vets organizations and the American People, not only is it OUR memoral for out WWII vets it is OURS because WE paid for it.......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be the WWII memorial becomes the 2nd Lexington Green and the start of the 2nd shot "heard around the world".....

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here"
-Captain John Parker C
ommander of the Lexington militia at the battle of Lexington Green....

U.S. veterans groups take shutdown protest to White House gates

By Roberta Rampton
WASHINGTON | Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:11pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Veteran and Tea Party groups protested the U.S. government shutdown in Washington on Sunday, taking down barricades around the World War Two memorial on the National Mall before marching to the gates of the White House.

Police officers, some in riot gear, pushed back against the crowd when it got too close to the White House fence, creating a brief flashpoint of anger in an otherwise peaceful demonstration.

The White House protest, which involved hundreds of people, quickly dissipated and the demonstrators were replaced by tourists taking photos of themselves with camera phones.

Don Armstrong, a veteran who served in Somalia, Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan from 1993 to 2006, said he drove to the protest from his home in West Virginia because he worries the government shutdown will soon affect the benefits and disability payments he relies on to feed his family.

"In a war, there's strategies," Armstrong told Reuters. "What they're doing is playing roulette with people's lives."

Sunday's rally started on the National Mall, which is home to U.S. war memorials and has been mainly closed to tourists since October 1 when Congress failed to agree to continue funding the federal government, closing down services deemed "non-essential."

The rally included speeches from Sarah Palin, a hero of the conservative Tea Party movement and former Republican governor of Alaska, and Ted Cruz, a freshman Republican senator who has crusaded against Obama's healthcare law.

Melissa Mather, who heard about the rally from patriot groups she supports, called the memorial closure "a slap in the face to all Americans" and said she thinks that President Barack Obama and all lawmakers should resign.

"I just want to take them all and shake them," said Mather, from Havre de Grace, Maryland.

While some Republican lawmakers and Tea Party groups have seized on the memorial shutdowns to make political arguments, Armstrong, who said he had debated whether he could afford to burn though a quarter-tank of gas to drive to the rally, said both parties in Congress and the White House were to blame.

"I'm not a Democrat or Republican or anything like that," he said. "I blame them all."

Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki told Congress last week that veterans' benefits would end on November 1 if the shutdown does not end soon.

The shutdown has also affected the Defense Department's ability to pay death benefits to the families of military personnel killed in action, but the Pentagon struck a deal with a private charity to make the $100,000 payments during the shutdown.

Obama was at the White House on Sunday as Senate leaders met on Capitol Hill to try to work out a deal that would allow for the reopening of government by increasing the U.S. government borrowing limit by a Thursday deadline and avoid a first ever U.S. debt default.

(Reporting by Roberta Rampton; Editing by David Brunnstrom)

U.S. veterans groups take shutdown protest to White House gates | Reuters

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't see any rioting, or anything other than some Americans going for a walk to make a statement.

GOOD!

Down in the Florida Keys is the Everglades National Park, which encompasses a lot of water and lots of small islands. Great fishing there. They are trying to keep people out and not allow fishing.

Morons.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, seems the truckers did their normal threat and no show.

But the Vets did show. I should have but didn't while I linger in the safety of my home. I do not feel well about not participating. Who the heck am I to even post here? I should have been there.

I have talked to several truckers that said a lot of truckers were stopped outside of DC at weight stations using bogas "tires low" and other bogas excuses to harress.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread