Brief search turned one point yesterday

A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

Had hopes of finding some good stuff yesterday, but after a couple of hours of digging and probing I got tired and headed out....I stopped to eat lunch on the 4 wheeler...looked down and not 3 feet away was laying this little beauty. The day salvaged afterall, I could come home happy rather than disappointed...lol

Atlantis

Attachments

• point 003.jpg
    point 003.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
Often I find things at a mere glance,probably a person is subconciously looking for such things all the time.

I found one very similiar to yours a couple of hours ago while fossil hunting with my grandson. The one you are showing is in a bit better condition than mine.A corner of the tang is broken on mine.

Very seldom are undamaged points found in this area.Yesterday I went metal detecting in a plowed field and found pieces of 28 points only found 3 whole blades.

hasbeen

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice point, Fossis........................

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Atlantis, i just wish i knew more about points and all to be able to really appreciate those u have posted for us to see.

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Nice looking point- I know what that's like to look and look and then find one on the way out... there's one field around here that is my favorite, it produces VERY few points/blades but everything that we have found there has been just outstanding pieces.. The field is a full half mile long and nearly as wide and it runs along a creek.. we walked for several hours without finding anything of significance..only covered a small portion of the field but there was a storm moving in and my legs were tired so we headed back...five feet in front of where I parked my car (with my footprints going right past it on the way out) was a really nice early archaic spear...

later that same week we were at a different site, it's a dirt road that follows a creek and a farm field on the other side of the road, field was too over grown to hunt so we walked the stretch of road (about a mile) it usually produces a point or two almost always broken, this particular day it didn't produce anything but chips and a hammer stone.. got back to the car and see a piece of flint about six inches in front of my car tire (we were parked right on the shoulder of the road).. turned out to be a nice 3" multi colored chert knife... ever since that week.. I start looking as soon as I open the car door.

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Being serious now,Atlantis you really know how to do artifact hunt. You, Cannon, Matt and Andy and a few others really know this stuff. You have put in the time! If you guys continue to post your finds and descriptions of your hunts, the spirital stuff too if you like, I promise I will learn. Thanks
bm

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've got the dumb part down pat, now I need the luck to kick in. A few sharks teeth is all I have found lately. Nice point you found. I always thought if I were an ancient guy I would like to have my stuff in someones collection than laying in the dirt somewhere.

P

pickaway

Nice point,Yeah i've been on many hunts where I dont even find a flake.
But its groovy to be out in nature...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread