🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK, so it was only a 2 week streak, but no buckle this week! Digging buddy found 21 bullets, this pic was taken earlier in the day . . .

DSCN0604.JPG

I had to leave early, but scored some 3 ringers, melted lead, P caps, a couple of shrapnel frags and my first ever marked Schenkle percussion (impact) fuse. The lower threaded tube had blown off, but I'm happy.

DSCN0605.JPG

DSCN0602.JPG

Upvote 11

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics, I absolutely love the fuse!

Steve

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Finds PW.
At this point I'd love to dig a 3 ringer.
Love the fuse as well , always wanted to did a Dated piece as well.

I did get a Borman ??? Under plug not long ago, in a hard hunted area, think someone dug it before and threw it down not knowing what it was. ( it was just under the leaves on rocky ground) , So who knows , Ill def, take it.

The tejon Loves those Percussion Caps, along with 22'shorts, longs etc & their bullets. But really that's a Good Thing.
Thanks for the pictures.
I hope to find me at-least one Minie Tomorrow. Or Plate, shell , Button of any type. !!!! lol
Davers

OP
OP
parsonwalker

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the lead and fuse. Are you at a paid hunt?

No Joey - My buddy and I have a few spots that will still produce something when hunted hard and slow. I'm not opposed to a paid hunt - but I've never done one.

Davers - you are SO right about the Tejon. A daggone buck sounds off like a cuff button, and a stinkin' .22 slug . . . sheesh. I love the Tejon. It has scored me 3 plates in 6 months, but in a trashy area? Nah. I'm too old to dig 35 or 40 bucks or .22 casings. I always THINK I know I'm just passing up a buck, cap or .22 . . . but I'm always thinking, "Could be a cuff button a little ways down..."

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AND a good save it was PW. You'll never forget the last week Bud!! That's the stuff relic hunter's dreams are made of. WGT, Q.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Joey - My buddy and I have a few spots that will still produce something when hunted hard and slow. I'm not opposed to a paid hunt - but I've never done one.

Davers - you are SO right about the Tejon. A daggone buck sounds off like a cuff button, and a stinkin' .22 slug . . . sheesh. I love the Tejon. It has scored me 3 plates in 6 months, but in a trashy area? Nah. I'm too old to dig 35 or 40 bucks or .22 casings. I always THINK I know I'm just passing up a buck, cap or .22 . . . but I'm always thinking, "Could be a cuff button a little ways down..."

I'm not a fan of the paid hunts. I can find more on my own and not have people on top of me while I do it. They're great if you don't want to do any research and knock on doors or if you have a Gpx or its a virgin site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread