🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK, so it was only a 2 week streak, but no buckle this week! Digging buddy found 21 bullets, this pic was taken earlier in the day . . .

DSCN0604.JPG

I had to leave early, but scored some 3 ringers, melted lead, P caps, a couple of shrapnel frags and my first ever marked Schenkle percussion (impact) fuse. The lower threaded tube had blown off, but I'm happy.

DSCN0605.JPG

DSCN0602.JPG

Upvote 11
Nice relics, I absolutely love the fuse!

Steve

Cool Finds PW.
At this point I'd love to dig a 3 ringer.
Love the fuse as well , always wanted to did a Dated piece as well.

I did get a Borman ??? Under plug not long ago, in a hard hunted area, think someone dug it before and threw it down not knowing what it was. ( it was just under the leaves on rocky ground) , So who knows , Ill def, take it.

The tejon Loves those Percussion Caps, along with 22'shorts, longs etc & their bullets. But really that's a Good Thing.
Thanks for the pictures.
I hope to find me at-least one Minie Tomorrow. Or Plate, shell , Button of any type. !!!! lol
Davers

Love the lead and fuse. Are you at a paid hunt?

No Joey - My buddy and I have a few spots that will still produce something when hunted hard and slow. I'm not opposed to a paid hunt - but I've never done one.

Davers - you are SO right about the Tejon. A daggone buck sounds off like a cuff button, and a stinkin' .22 slug . . . sheesh. I love the Tejon. It has scored me 3 plates in 6 months, but in a trashy area? Nah. I'm too old to dig 35 or 40 bucks or .22 casings. I always THINK I know I'm just passing up a buck, cap or .22 . . . but I'm always thinking, "Could be a cuff button a little ways down..."

AND a good save it was PW. You'll never forget the last week Bud!! That's the stuff relic hunter's dreams are made of. WGT, Q.

No Joey - My buddy and I have a few spots that will still produce something when hunted hard and slow. I'm not opposed to a paid hunt - but I've never done one.

Davers - you are SO right about the Tejon. A daggone buck sounds off like a cuff button, and a stinkin' .22 slug . . . sheesh. I love the Tejon. It has scored me 3 plates in 6 months, but in a trashy area? Nah. I'm too old to dig 35 or 40 bucks or .22 casings. I always THINK I know I'm just passing up a buck, cap or .22 . . . but I'm always thinking, "Could be a cuff button a little ways down..."

I'm not a fan of the paid hunts. I can find more on my own and not have people on top of me while I do it. They're great if you don't want to do any research and knock on doors or if you have a Gpx or its a virgin site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back