Brinks question

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I bought my first box of quarters and was eager to open it. It was a box from brinks. When I got it open, I was greeted with the plastic MWRs. They were mixed years, but it was a skunk box. It was definitely easy to just check the rims on them. I have a couple questions. First, are all Brinks boxes filled with plastic wrapped rolls. Second, it the answer to the first is no, does anyone have luck with the plastic wrapped rolls or are they always skunk?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
dawg i got skunked the last 5 boxes of dimes with clear rolls but only at fith third bank and pnc

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes brinks is plastic "Shrink wrapped like rolls". Quarters are bad anyway. Brinks nickels and cents are the dream around here. With brinks cents a box here I can get about 75 wheats per box on a good day, bad day 50.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks here are bad for halfs and quarters,only found one silver dime. Good luck.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wickaboag said:
There are no quarters left in the wild. Search 3

More boxes and you might find 1
Wicka.

I amend your statement Wicka. Nearly all MWR quarter have no silver left in the wild. CWR are a different story.. Lol

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was getting coin from Brink's, I would get a silver quarter (U.S. or Canadian) about every 3 to 4 boxes. Since my bank was (forcibly) changed from HSBC, I haven't got any silver quarters. I deal with two branches, one is now Community Bank and the other is Key Bank. Both get their coins from Loomis now, in the paper wrappers and I've not found one silver quarter since the changeover in late July. I have found silver dimes in the few Loomis rolls of dimes that I've been able to get. Dimes have been very hard to come by since the changeover as most of the former HSBC branches lost their commercial customers to other banks and they aren't going through as much coin.

The other thing that I found out about over the weekend was when I stopped by my local Community Bank and asked about "anything odd" as usual, I was told that they are not allowed to hold on to anything unusual anymore. The line tellers are required to transfer all of it to the head teller who is supposed to send it all back with the next shipment out. That includes all half dollars and large dollars.

I really hate HSBC for abandoning us.

Scott

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
anyone get the feeling that this is a govermental conspiracy to take our silver away from us like they did earlier in the century. The government actually made it illegal for us commoners to have silver and gold buillion. Sorry if I don't remember the exact dates of when this happened, but with all the banks culling the silvers from their rolls, I am beginning to smell a governmental plan to secretly take our silver away from us. ohhh, there's a scary thought.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread