Broke 100 Today ,Not My Golf Game

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
Probably never will do it in golf,I'm the guy who invented the hook and slice.For a long time I thought the guy with the highest score won.

I detected 2 areas today for about 2 1/2 hours.I found 89 pennies,2 dimes,and 2 nickels at the first place.It was an area where a large number of kids play.At the second place I found 3 dimes and 10 pennies.The wind suddenly changed directions,there was an awful stench .Investigating the foul smell I discovered a large decomposing dog,so I cut short the hunt.

Grand total of coins was 105 for a total $1.59,all LDJs(latter days junk which consists of clad coins,memorial pennies,and post war Jefferson nickels).

Beats working for a living.

hasbeen

Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a lot of hole diggin...Hope your back feels A-OK..lol HH

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man oh man, 105 coins!!! You must be in traction now. I know I'd be permanently bent over at the waist if I'd dug that many holes! Congratulations on your finds, and your stamina!

Johnny Cache

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Wow that's a lot of digging!

It's funny, none of us would answer a job ad to dig holes all day and get paid roughly $0.53 an hour but put a metal detector in our hand and we'll gladly do it. And have a ball too! ;D

Nice haul, has! Now go soak in the tub. ;D

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Lots of coins...sounds like hopefully were not digging all those! Were most of the pennies under woodchip or sand?

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Johnny Cache Hunter said:
Man oh man, 105 coins!!! You must be in traction now. I know I'd be permanently bent over at the waist if I'd dug that many holes! Congratulations on your finds, and your stamina!

Johnny Cache

I SO concure!

~Nash~

OP
OP
H

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
To be honest with you,$.53 per hour probably beats my average also.

89 pennies,2 dimes ,and 2 nickels were found in the first 1 1/2 hours,only 10 pennies and 3 dimes were found the last hour.

Where the first batch of coins were found was a bare patch of dirt that had eroded during the winter rains.Some of the coins were on the surface,most of the buried ones were 1/2" deep.About 2" was the deepest I dug.

I discovered this spot while waiting for my daughter-in-law to see the doctor.After counting the 93 coins found there,I decided to hit a spot close by to see if I could break 100.

hasbeen

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
hasbeen said:
Where the first batch of coins were found was a bare patch of dirt that had eroded during the winter rains.Some of the coins were on the surface,most of the buried ones were 1/2" deep.About 2" was the deepest I dug.

hasbeen

Interesting, any idea what used to be there?

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW that's a lot of digging. Great way to sneak in some detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread