Broke into the 1800s

RitaPA.

Mar 14, 2009
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Broke into the 1800's

Some finds from the old boarding house.The town used to be a booming coal town in the 1800's.This house was one of 3 boarding houses that was in the town.I found the Indian Head on Monday.There was a black cut glass bead in the hole and I was thinking there might be a piece of jewelry down there.I dug another scoop of dirt and out popped the IH.When I was emptying my pouch I lost the bead.I searched in the tall grass for it but no luck.Maybe next time I go back I'll find it.The two Tootsie cars were found in the same hole.The bent Nickle was found close to the whistle.There were four little gems in the whistle but 2 fell out...same story as the bead almost.The whistle has no markings on it.The bell was found by the front of the house.I also found a larger bell but have not had time to clean it.I have no idea about the brass container as there are no markings on it.It closes nicely and is in good shape.The padlock has Corbin on the front.It appears it was shot in a few places.Well that's my finds for the past week.I love this hobby!!! Happy hunting everyone.

Attachments

• phpeRz1LdPM resized.jpg
    phpeRz1LdPM resized.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 588
  • phplPlpOuPM resized.jpg
    phplPlpOuPM resized.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 586
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Broke into the 1800's

Cool !

Congrats Rita !

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX

Tootsie cars are great to find. I am starting to get quite a collection of them. Great finds you have there! :thumbsup:

HH,

Dave

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like you collect a little bit of everything. Saw you in the american artifacts. Multi hunting is a good thing :thumbsup: Thanks and congrats on your treasure.

TnMountains

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on your first 1800s coin my first indian head was an 86, many more will come. :thumbsup:

M

michigan michael

Very cool finds! Love that Indian! congrats!

Jaw Jah Danny

May 2, 2009
Thomasville, GA
Detector(s) used
MXT ,Tesoro Compadre ,Tesoro Tiger Shark, DFX

Your no Newbie >:( Maybe to this Forum :hello2: :hello2: But you have been detecting for how long? :icon_scratch:

Very nice finds. :thumbsup: Curious about the pad lock. (Was it from the 1800's?..thinking out loud to my self)

I have a ..........searching for the word.........LOVE ! That's it for the 1800's.. Cowboys..Trail drives..Lewis & Clark Expedition...Wyatt Earp...no TV..no Radio...mules !....

Keep the 1800's Alive !

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excellent digs!

HH

LW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread