broke off the cobwebs

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
life is good, winter is over and detecting has started!

the ole detector hasn't moved far since last December when the frost set in; it felt good getting back out in the fields and putting the shovel in the dirt
me and Iron Patch got back to great spot that has given up some RevWar and 1812 buttons on the past; second last time we were there a crew was busy harvesting rutabagas, and the last time ( when we thought we going detecting) we saw a goose blind right where we wanted to be, so we had to wait til today.

we hunted a few hours at this and another shorter hunt at another site we found but sadly it only produced a few Victorian age targets, not the great follow up to the much better previous field

finds were not many, but I was happy with the results
a few buttons, couple coins, odds and ends.... and nice military button to start the season off right!
Kings American Regiment officers cuff, little bit of gilt left in the right places
also, found these bottle stoppers at the first place today, I've not seen any like them before, I've found dozens of them, but none with the crown and what appears to be rampant lion....East India Co.??
if anyone knows about them let me know please

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491443646.000214.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491443667.908386.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491443691.132906.jpg

anyways, that's the lot

looking forward to getting back out again soon

Upvote 18

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a patina! They seldom look like that from our dirt. Pretty cool. If I didn't have one of those I'd be feeling left out! :)

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some cool finds! :occasion14:
Not too bad for your first time out. You got to swing, had fun with a friend and found some goodies. Now that's a good day!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most excellent button, and doesn't it feel great to emerge from hibernation? Aaaah!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to hear you got out, and scored a sweet Kings Regiment button to come home with too. Great start! Killer stoppers as well!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron...
IMO you re on one hell of a spot.

Super well done man.

Those stoppers are medicine I think.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought you had retired...lol

More to come I hope.....

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit... the stoppers made me do SOME research... just out of curiousity...

Nothing.

I am gonna go out on a limb... and say they are rare. ... in fact I will go farther out on the limb and say REALLY rare.

Congrats.

HEY CRUZ !...

Those stoppers catch a fire in your mind or ?
They seem like something that would turn up on your side of the pond from time to time I am guessing.

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Hello Cru, good to see you're getting back out. Hoping to finish the field off this afternoon. Only a small section left, bordered by some houses. The trouble is, one house as a dog, that seems to be always out in the garden, by the field. This dog will simply bark at me forever, the owners must be out or completely deaf. If that's the case, I will try somewhere else, don't want to annoy the other neighbours. Robert.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Cru, good to see you're getting back out. Hoping to finish the field off this afternoon. Only a small section left, bordered by some houses. The trouble is, one house as a dog, that seems to be always out in the garden, by the field. This dog will simply bark at me forever, the owners must be out or completely deaf. If that's the case, I will try somewhere else, don't want to annoy the other neighbours. Robert.

Hay...
You thought this was me?
I'm still resting up after a bike injury on my shoulder, however I'm healing quick & hope to get out soon.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit... the stoppers made me do SOME research... just out of curiousity...

Nothing.

I am gonna go out on a limb... and say they are rare. ... in fact I will go farther out on the limb and say REALLY rare.

Congrats.

HEY CRUZ !...

They seem like something that would turn up on your side of the pond from time to time I am guessing.
I have found tons of stoppers. None with a Crown, I'm guessing its shows it's quality or Royal Commission, from circa 1880-1920s? (Maybe Sauce top)

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great to see you and IP getting back out :occasion14: Congrats on the button with such a nice patina. Those bottle stoppers are pretty cool too.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Most excellent button, and doesn't it feel great to emerge from hibernation? Aaaah!

you know they say ....everything at my age feels great

thanks, but I set myself up....I put myself on a great site expecting to find that button...I accept the blame

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Iron...
IMO you re on one hell of a spot.

Super well done man.

Those stoppers are medicine I think.

Nothing.

Congrats.

HEY CRUZ !...

you know I wouldn't have thought much of them, but they are different enough to wonder where they came from

we'll just have to keep looking
thanks for stopping by!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Thought you had retired...lol

More to come I hope.....

like you these days, semi-retired only

I'll get a few hunts in before I disappear again for the summer ; me and IP will have some adventures and finds to post for sure...stay tuned to this channel!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread