Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought I was the only one this ever happened to(just kidding). I was in Capital One feeding their "Mayflower 9000" antique machine. There was a crunching noise and some belt broke loose. We had coins rolling everywhere. 4 days later they had me a "ball park"total. At least their machines are free,old as hell but free. Jim

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
I broke the machine too right after I first started, wasn't my fault though. Apparently the person before me must have dumped a bucket of scrap metal into the counter. There were bullets, screws, paperclips, and twisted pieces of metal all jammed in it. :icon_scratch: I always double check the hopper now to make sure it is clear of junk before I dump, haven't had any problems since.

OP
OP
phrostie

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
well great, i feel better now. I hadn't ever heard anyone talk about it although I had assumed it's happened. Doesn't make me feel as bad although at times there were 3 to 4 tellers looking at it and a line was forming. I felt like a jacka$$!

I tried a box of quarters tonight for the first time since I didn't have any halves in and the bank I stopped at couldn't sell me a box of dimes. Yeah...confirmed, it was a waste of time.

~phroshizzle

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
once i dumped $500 halves into a basically brand new machine and the bag filled, so a teller came to change it, after he was done, all the halves i put in after he changed it made a REALLY loud smack, and sounded like it was hitting the front panel/door on the bag compartment, and the voucher said $672. and change, i told them, the put the 172 on hold, till loomis recounted the bags wen they were being processed, and everything came out fine and they released the $$$ into my account! $172.00 bucks for dumping! gotta love the few novelties that pass by us in life!!! i took a dump on them and they paid me to do so!!! lol. keep it up nd hh!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha..it was funny reading this because i just effed the machine up at my bank on Sat..i dumped about 500 of halves in and it was going a bit slow..then told me to get a teller...so she helped me get my coins thru..took about 1 1/2 hours...but she was really cool...she opened the machine and cleaned it and found a presidential dollar coin stuck in it..and she handed it to me :) then there were some people behind me with not much change...so i let them go..took them seconds to cash in 200 bucks..and then i saw a few rejects and told them about it..they picked them up and said..uh..candian..you can have them..which im glad i did..scored (2) 1968 50% Silver Quarters

So long story short..the machine was completly cleaned out..i started back with my halves and it rejected every one of them..she told me the half sorter must be shot..lol
So hopefully it will work this weekend...nothing sucks more then having over 1000 dollars in change to lug around

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Unless you gals are mechanically bankrupt, you can fix most of the problems with any of these machines.
Most are feed related. If you can help them out, it goes a long way. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread