🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Broke Tree Mystery - What Did This ?

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of the old trails are grown in and today was no exception and thank goodness for the quads to get to some of the cells
on the mineral claim. I was driving in and came across this sight which stopped me right in my tracks with wonder ( I wonder how that happened )... Broke tree mystery, snapped off at
about the 7 foot mark, no cuts from any tools, just sheared off with the bark strip peeled 4 inches and the sap has hardened. No animal or big foot tracks. Thoughts of what may have
snapped the top off of this tree. All the other trees and willows have no damage....

Attachments

• Broke Tree 1 Sized.jpg
    Broke Tree 1 Sized.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Broke Tree 2 Sized.jpg
    Broke Tree 2 Sized.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Broke Tree 3 Sized.jpg
    Broke Tree 3 Sized.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 130
OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
newnan man .... I'd like to talk with that guy also... I have not had such a good chuckle/ laugh like this
for a while ........... Appreciate your humor.................. Have a good one .....

Upvote 1

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
This looks like a "brash" break, where the wood is broken almost right across the grain. This happens with wood that has been attacked by a decay fungus. The attack can be very slight but still weaken the wood and cause it to show a break like this. Normal wood tends to splinter a lot more when it breaks and the normal wood requires more force to break it than brash wood.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread