Broken MD = Blessing in Disguise: Brass Ring, Coins, Knife, Locket & Lots of Mystery

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broken MD = Blessing in Disguise: Brass Ring, Coins, Knife, Locket & Lots of Mystery

(Tried to post this last night but was having trouble w/the pics)

A few months ago I bought a new detector and while at first it seemed to be better than the starter version I had, it's more difficult to master, especially in iron filled areas. Needless to say, my new machine stopped working.... fog in the window... don't ask.

I managed to get a few odds and ends before it shut down and I turned in for the day. Later, I remembered my old detector, a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, was still around so why not just use it. Wow! I couldn't leave the small area I was working because I kept getting so many hits.

IMG_2739.JPG

I found a nice sized pocket knife, close to where I found a 3 ring bullet a few weeks ago with the other detector.

IMG_2740.JPG IMG_2766.jpg

I love these red wheels, they're probably from a Buddy-L truck. Look at the detail on the rivets.

IMG_2730.jpg

I also picked up a little heart locket, 2 nickels, a wheat and Lincoln penny and a small foreign coin from the 80's. Along with several other things unidentifiable things, was this long and heavy iron stake/tool (?). A small portion of the top of it was sticking out of the ground and had a nice patina. Pulling it out was not easy. I haven't cleaned it off yet so I'm not sure what the end looks like.

IMG_2731.JPG

Two of my most exciting finds of the day... this brass ring w/the letter "M". You can still see a little bit of the black enamel. Any thoughts on age? The other piece looks like something from a gun. I'm sure I'm way off but that was my first thought when I pulled it out of the ground. The shape weight and patina makes me think it's something good but I don't know what that is. :icon_scratch:

IMG_2733.JPG IMG_2776.jpg IMG_2747.jpg
IMG_2732.JPG IMG_2736.jpg

Other items of interest include a piece that looks like a buckle but seems to heavy. It also looks to be made of lead but I need to work on my metal identification. There are some marks on it that look like decoration.
IMG_2754.jpg IMG_2755.jpg

It occurred to me that I was working so hard to figure out how to use my other detector, with all of its options and variations, that it ultimately made me much better at using my old machine.

IMG_2744.JPG IMG_2777.jpg

If you have thoughts on any of the mystery items let me know. Thanks for looking at more of my backyard adventures.

Attachments

• 321 Detecting.jpg
    321 Detecting.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 321 Detecting2.jpg
    321 Detecting2.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 321 Detectng3.jpg
    321 Detectng3.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 3

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the tool is a dual sided --"pry bar" one side is flat for side to side prying say like a stuck door jam --the other side is for top to bottom prying say like a jammed window frame ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread