Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If it like my Prizm IV, there is a membrane on off switch on the front right side. It sounds like the switch is stuck. There is a metal disc in there that makes contact when pushed and then rebounds when released. If you gently tap it about 10 times, it might release, if not, Whites can fix it.
Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
jrwill56

jrwill56

Nov 1, 2008
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
will try thanks jr

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 9.5 that had a similar problem. Sent it in. They fixed it and returned faster than promised, with no charge. Their Customer service is wonderful.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Their customer service is good. I had two broken pinpointers that I sent in and they sent me two new ones.

I had the pinpoint trigger go on my DFX. I didn't want to be without my detector since I could still hunt with it so I had them send me the part and I fixed it myself. Sounds like the touch pad button may have went on your model. You can either send it in for the repair (if still covered by company I would do this) or ask them to send you the part and replace it yourself.

Good luck
NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions