πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Couldn't resist putting Cru'dad's best find & mine together.:thumbsup:

Strange how today worked out, we were both predicting between 10-15 scrappies & 1 Silver from this low yield site. Funny enough, I had that strange good feeling on the field as I did when I got the last Gold Coin. I told Cru'dad as much, something like, ''I think I'm going to get something really good today''. (not really knowing what)

However, as we were having lunch on top of this lovely hill with a great view & nice weather, Cru'dad asked ''Do you think we will get our 1 Roman Silver?'' (not knowing our 2nd tatty coin was a Denarius of Caracalla, Galley Rev.) I stated ''Nope but I'm going to get a Celtic Gold instead''.
We both laughed a lot....

After gridding for nearly 5 hours I decided half way down the run to expand out into the field to check if we had reached the edge of the Roman Site like I had thought. As I looped around to go back to the flag & finish off, it started to rain, so I changed direction towards my jacket that I leave in the middle of the field for this very reason & that change of direction put me straight on the GOLD.:headbang:
(We have never had any Celtic items from this field, until today)

28 Scrappies
1 Roman Silver (poor condition, top left of photo)
18th C Clog Clasp
2 Roman Fibula bits (Catchplates)
Saxon Wrist Clasp 8-)
16th Bronze Cauldron (missing a foot), type I need.:icon_thumright:
Circa 50BC Gallic War Ambiani Gold Stater. These unifaced types were produced in a hurry, hence the blank die that should be Apollo's Head, because they were payment to the Gallic Warriors who fought one of the most famous battles against Julius Ceasar. When Vercingetorix lost the War many of the mercenaries fled the Roman Empire to the UK with their booty.
headbang.gif

In case you're thinking I'm minting these, I put it next to my first one this year.:laughing7: 2 in less than 2 months that's just mad.:metaldetector:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    318.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Upvote 96

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I don't know what is more impressive, the celtic gold or your sixth sense in detecting. :laughing9: That miniature cauldron is really cool too! I hope this pot full of gold gets up there where it belongs!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I don't know what is more impressive, the celtic gold or your sixth sense in detecting. :laughing9: That miniature cauldron is really cool too! I hope this pot full of gold gets up there where it belongs!
Cru'Dad says we are blessed.
Honestly, it's not like I'm throwing out comments like that all the time. Only when I get that 'gut feeling', something I've always payed attention to. (Normally it drives me in a direction, but it was the rain this time.):thumbsup:

Last edited:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very fascinating history behind that gold Stater! Not every day you find gold loot from a war that ended over 2,000 year ago :D

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the word Blessed sums it up pretty well !! Just Amazing Man ! I'm hoisting an adult beverage to the Cru as I type this ,CHEERS !!!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner, again...
And thanks for some historical background regarding your finds. Anything old or gold is always exciting, but I love it when I can learn from it, in addition to admiring it. Well done!

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, that'll get the blood pumping. Congrats on the gold, and the other stuff too.

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just wonderful finds Crusader! I just love all the Roman history you guys find and have read a ton on that whole topic over the years as it fascinates me. Quick question - You regularly mention finding "scrappies." Is that just a generic term you use for any old toasted copper cent (Roman, English or other)?

John

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 BC!!! Freakin Amazing!!! I can't even imagine holding something like that in my hand. Well it goes without saying that this is another Banner! Congrats Cru:notworthy:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another killer hunt, congrats on the Gold and relics! :occasion14:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Amazing Cru and thanks for the post. Now, go find a BIG pot full of those or their cousins. Good luck.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing you must have thousands of banners Well done Cru and Dad Thanks for sharing

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do me a favor?

If you find a spartan helmet can I have it? ( you seem to find everything)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you and your dad have a book?
I bet you guys have a good story
How do you get so much land to detect?