🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Couldn't resist putting Cru'dad's best find & mine together.:thumbsup:

Strange how today worked out, we were both predicting between 10-15 scrappies & 1 Silver from this low yield site. Funny enough, I had that strange good feeling on the field as I did when I got the last Gold Coin. I told Cru'dad as much, something like, ''I think I'm going to get something really good today''. (not really knowing what)

However, as we were having lunch on top of this lovely hill with a great view & nice weather, Cru'dad asked ''Do you think we will get our 1 Roman Silver?'' (not knowing our 2nd tatty coin was a Denarius of Caracalla, Galley Rev.) I stated ''Nope but I'm going to get a Celtic Gold instead''.
We both laughed a lot....

After gridding for nearly 5 hours I decided half way down the run to expand out into the field to check if we had reached the edge of the Roman Site like I had thought. As I looped around to go back to the flag & finish off, it started to rain, so I changed direction towards my jacket that I leave in the middle of the field for this very reason & that change of direction put me straight on the GOLD.:headbang:
(We have never had any Celtic items from this field, until today)

28 Scrappies
1 Roman Silver (poor condition, top left of photo)
18th C Clog Clasp
2 Roman Fibula bits (Catchplates)
Saxon Wrist Clasp 8-)
16th Bronze Cauldron (missing a foot), type I need.:icon_thumright:
Circa 50BC Gallic War Ambiani Gold Stater. These unifaced types were produced in a hurry, hence the blank die that should be Apollo's Head, because they were payment to the Gallic Warriors who fought one of the most famous battles against Julius Ceasar. When Vercingetorix lost the War many of the mercenaries fled the Roman Empire to the UK with their booty.
headbang.gif

In case you're thinking I'm minting these, I put it next to my first one this year.:laughing7: 2 in less than 2 months that's just mad.:metaldetector:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    318.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Upvote 96

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope we get unlimited "likes", because you get about 1/2 of the ones I've given. Amazing history over there. Congrats.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG awesome! Man those are some fantastic finds! The gold is awesome and so is that little cauldron! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Dang Cru, you are a beast. What in the world can even be left on your bucket list? You’ve found lifetimes worth of gold coins. Well done!

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive finds. Hope you continue to have luck there!

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is pretty incredible. Curious question, when found, did that have to be registered? Do they have to take it for examination or anything due to its age?
I am pretty sure I will NEVER find anything like that here in the states. I am just curious on how items or artifact be it coinage or relic are treated there.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@washingtonian

Wish List Top 5 (bucket list);
1. Hoard
2. Saxon Gold Coin
3. Roman Gold Coin
4. Celtic Bronze Statue
5. Richard I Penny. (recently crossed off)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty incredible. Curious question, when found, did that have to be registered? Do they have to take it for examination or anything due to its age?
I am pretty sure I will NEVER find anything like that here in the states. I am just curious on how items or artifact be it coinage or relic are treated there.
No it doesn't have to be legally reported. However, we will ask the owner if he wants to share the find-spot with our direct contact in the British Museum. They like to record these rare coins.

Currently single gold coins don't count however they are proposing to change to the Law to include single Gold Coins from AD 43 - 15th C. (This however, would still be outside that bracket)

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats truly amazing again! Congratulations on the beautiful gold!

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are beautiful coins and it’s interesting to hear the history behind them! Amazing finds as usual!

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro, Minelab GoFind 66, Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's nothing! You should see the finds I just shared. I found a 2002 2 Euro coin and a 2007 American dollar coin. Beat THAT! :laughing9:

Jokes aside, I would probably freeze in my tracks, pee a little and faint if I pulled any of your finds out of the ground. I don't have the words to express how awesome that is! Huge congrats!

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprised this isn't up top already. Such a beautiful coin. Crusader, have we come to just expect this from you? If anyone else found this, it would be up top right away. Maybe you just have so many of them that it isn't a big deal anymore. Such a tough problem to have..:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprised this isn't up top already. Such a beautiful coin. Crusader, have we come to just expect this from you? If anyone else found this, it would be up top right away. Maybe you just have so many of them that it isn't a big deal anymore. Such a tough problem to have..:laughing7:
Agreed, I'st, just crazy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread