Brothers Fall Hunt, Final Day

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Well we officially ended the Fall hunt this afternoon. We figured that we had a total of thirty hours of hunting during the week. This morning we went to a Greensboro Historical Society meeting and presented my collection of finds with a short talk on metal detecting. We now have three new places lined up for the Spring Hunt, all at 1830 and before, (plus they gave us a free lunch). This afternoon we got back to the button field and a cellar hole in the wood adjacent to it. I found a powder flask (kind of flat) and a drawing knife which was used to take the bark of of logs. Rick found a nice horse bridal rosette, part of a shoe buckle and a great oil lamp top. We also found a small lead toy axe, a button and a few other items. Not one coin today though. All in all it was a fantastic week. We had a great time and enjoyed each others company tremendously. Rick is planning a return trip for a Spring hunt and I may go out to California during the Winter to hit a couple of beaches and thaw out. Our fall hunt next year will be to England with Jimmy Sierra. Thank you everyone for the nice comments. It has been a real pleasure. Thanks...Lance and Rick

Attachments

• Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 147.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 147.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 296
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 151.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 151.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 296
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 152.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 152.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,
It sure is great to get out and dig. Looks like you all had a good week.

Thanks for posting

HEADHUNTER

Aug 30, 2005
North Central,PA
It has been a pleasure seeing your finds...Hope we will be seeing you two post soon.
Glad to hear you two had a good week together...Happy hunting...

Headhunter

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think its just great that you shared your information with the historical society. That is the kind of thing that offsets all the negative press we seem to get. I'll bet they enjoyed it as much as you did finding it. I have enjoyed reading all your posts.
Best of luck!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
its really cool that you can get together with your brother for a yearly hunt like that! you guys did extremely well! thanks for sharing your hunts with us!

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
I'm sorry to see the Brother's Hunt come to an end. I've really enjoyed seeing ya'll finds. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

vicki

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
What great finds to end the hunt!! That draw knife is awesome!! so is that neat powder flask :o Any marks on the lantern parts?

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
hmmm, can you make out a "conn" after the waterbury? Maybe its the waterbury tool co or something, there alot of waterbury companies, ill have to try looking later :) again, great finds.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Great finds, posts, and pics! Glad you had the time to get together again. Looking forward to your next hunt and seeing what you are allowed to bring back from England next fall, maybe break into the 2 digit A.D. time frame. 8)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lance and Rick, really sorry to see your hunt come to an end. ?You both do a great job finding such interesting relics and coins. ?I always enjoy the opportunity to see your finds. I wish you all continued good luck. Tim in Missouri.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Comfy,

thanks for an interesting week. Enjoyed following your finds.

you and yours have a good un
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
WOW, what a great run guys. Thanks a lot for all the great reports and pictures. Maybe sometime I'll venture over to Vermont and do some hunting.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lance~

Thanks for sharing your week with us! It was truly enjoyable! ;)

Nana ;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice powder flask!

I don't think I'd be able to stand up straight after 38 hours. Thanks for the excitement and the pictures. Too bad this story has to come to an end for now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions