Brothers Fall Hunt, Final Day

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Well we officially ended the Fall hunt this afternoon. We figured that we had a total of thirty hours of hunting during the week. This morning we went to a Greensboro Historical Society meeting and presented my collection of finds with a short talk on metal detecting. We now have three new places lined up for the Spring Hunt, all at 1830 and before, (plus they gave us a free lunch). This afternoon we got back to the button field and a cellar hole in the wood adjacent to it. I found a powder flask (kind of flat) and a drawing knife which was used to take the bark of of logs. Rick found a nice horse bridal rosette, part of a shoe buckle and a great oil lamp top. We also found a small lead toy axe, a button and a few other items. Not one coin today though. All in all it was a fantastic week. We had a great time and enjoyed each others company tremendously. Rick is planning a return trip for a Spring hunt and I may go out to California during the Winter to hit a couple of beaches and thaw out. Our fall hunt next year will be to England with Jimmy Sierra. Thank you everyone for the nice comments. It has been a real pleasure. Thanks...Lance and Rick

Attachments

• Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 147.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 147.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 151.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 151.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 297
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 152.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 152.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 309
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions