Brrrrrrrrrr

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
I went out on the local beach Monday morning. The winds were howling in at over 50 knots and the sand was blown as smooth as a NorthDakota farmfield. The temps were hovering around 50', but with the sea spray and the winds, it felt around 20. Luckily, being from up north, I was still wearing shorts, surf shoes, and enjoying the sun.

The tide and surf was gracious enough to give me 5 miles of great, deep cuts. Thanks to Ike and Gustav the beach was eaten right up to this year's towel zone, and I was counting on those deep cresents to share some goodies outside the big rental condos. If it didn't come from THIS summer's season, it's not on our beach, which is all pumped in renewal beach as of May.

I was the only one ON the beach for three hours. I netted three pennies, which look like they've been sitting in acid for a century, one fishing float, a pull tab-no I don't know why it hit on that, and what look like the fishing hook from hell - like what you'd use to jig squid. FOr that find alone I'm glad I went, as I have the 9 year old with hook finding feet.

Two days later and I'm still cold from that little trip. At least the earphones kept the sand out of my brain.

Upvote 0

phantomfinder

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2008
Denver , Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2
Sweet , thanks for the post... ;D WTG , keep finding the good stuff. Also take a camra with you , even if you don't find any thing you can take pic's of your day out hunting.... ;D Have fun out there... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
OH, I've got photos. But mostly of scenery. No use burning up pixels on blackened pennys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread