Bubbas BIG DIG

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bubba's BIG DIG

For anyone wanting the opportunity to dig on a good claim with coarse gold on Rich Hill you won't want to miss Bubba's BIG DIG this coming weekend.

Good Gold, Easy Access and FREE.

When?
March 21 - 23 Friday thru Sunday.

Where?
On Rich Hill and Antelope Creek just North of Stanton.

How?
Just let Bubba know you are coming, how many people and how many days you want to dig.

How Much?
FREE (Really it's free)

Who the heck is Bubba?
Bubba is cool. Bubba is a fifth generation miner who's family has been mining the Congress/Rich Hill area since your great grandma was in diapers. Bubba has got some great claims and has decided to share one of his best with anyone who will go to the trouble of telling him they are coming.

Bubba is so cool that if you want to share in his common dig he will provide the tools and the water. Just tell him when you are coming and how many will be there and you can have a share of the common dig gold.

Bubba is so cool that if you like to prospect on your own he will let you bring your own tools and let you keep any gold you find. Just let him know when you will be there and how many people for how long.

Folks this is a rare opportunity to mine with the big boys for one three day weekend only. This area is known for big gold. If you like getting fly specks on your weekend jaunts you won't want to work Bubba's claim. Big Nuggets have been found here and even the smaller gold is coarse and crystalline.

The claim has easy road access for two wheel drive street cars. There is limited but good camping on the claim and plenty more close by. Bubba has arranged to have enough water for the common dig. You will need to bring your own water if you bring your own recirculating system.

There is a chunk of the famous Rich Hill on the claim. There is a nice stretch of Antelope Creek on the claim. There will be an evening cookout but you will need to bring your own food and beverages.

Go here for a map to the claim and instructions on how to contact Bubba to let him know you are coming.

I talked to Bubba today and he might consider doing this with some of his other claims in the future if this BIG DIG works out.

Be nice to Bubba. Let him know you are coming. Don't make a mess of his claim. Maybe offer to help him break down and clean up? Don't get drunk and fight his dog (you will lose). Fill your holes. Haul out your trash. It might be a good idea to introduce yourself and say "Thank you Bubba for being so cool!"

Bubba's giving away gold. Let's make this work. Come enjoy and leave with gold and great memories OK?

Yep... it's really free. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish I could help you Dan. We will be on the Hill over the weekend and will make a point to stop by the BIG DIG but our winter camp is only about 30 miles from Rich Hill - far from the East Valley.

I'm not sure a drywasher will be your best choice this weekend. Quite a bit of moisture still in the ground from the rains. The common dig might be a better choice, unless you have a recirculator you can bring.

Heavy Pans

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bubba sounds like a hell of a guy. Wish there were more people like him.
Good luck everyone!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! What a great opportunity.

Too bad I'm way up here and all of the fun is happening so far away! (I've detected on claims at Rich Hill: no one should miss that opportunity.)

I'd love to meet Bubba one day. He sounds like the kind of guy that's becoming an endangered species, and that's too bad.

But, it's great there's at least one of him left.

All the best, and thanks for posting the link to such a great opportunity,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Too far for me to drive but give my best to Bubba. He sounds like a very generous and honorable man.

GM

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
being stuck in Indiana maybe Bubba cold send me a nice 2 ounce nugget?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a nice thing to do for the small scale miner. With a little more advanced notice, I'd like to make the journey to a future event. Thanks Bubba and thank you too Clay for spreading the word.

Mike

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome, I hope all involved have a great time! Oh, and good gold too!

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish I could help you Dan. We will be on the Hill over the weekend and will make a point to stop by the BIG DIG but our winter camp is only about 30 miles from Rich Hill - far from the East Valley.

I'm not sure a drywasher will be your best choice this weekend. Quite a bit of moisture still in the ground from the rains. The common dig might be a better choice, unless you have a recirculator you can bring.

Heavy Pans

Thanks Clay! I am used to drying my dirt on tarps in the sun. I prefer that to dragging a bunch of water around. It works for me in the lean areas and I can only hope it would work much better in a good spot. I appreciate you getting the word out.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow!very cool! wish you all the luck, i am lil to far away, little over 2000 miles,but i hope some of you locales take advantage,i would just to work with ya all!heavy pans fellas,heavy pans!

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is their a claim name, or owners name associated with this area. Not finding anything ???????

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn... Clay had I known in advance I would have gone. I have to go down south to Greaterville where Jeff is at on Friday to pick up my Vac and then head to Lake Havasu through Quartzsite. Stanton is a hop, skip, and jump from Tucson... Please let me know on any future digs. Would have loved to put this recirculate sluice to work, 60" long and 12" wide full of Gold Hog Mats.

T274.jpg

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That whole area is claimed up johnnysau. This is a newer claim and small but a good producer. 10N 5W Section 25 NE Quarter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread