Bucket? Bag? Tote? Wheelbarrow? Dumptruck?

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

I have a bit of a dilema. The container I have been using to put my dumps in is breaking. 4 holes in the bottom, and cracks growing out of each. So much for the plastic 1 gallon garlic tub I have used as a coin holder for years.

So, I am curous: what do you folks use for transporting your dumps to the bank? Canvas bags? Buckets? Your husband? Do tell!

I have been considering stopping by a bakery and asking for a 1 gallon bucket. Might do the trick, but, wanted to ask you fine folks first.

Thanks,
Anthony

Upvote 0

Fruitbat

Sep 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I use the canvas and the small vinyl bags with zipper on top that some banks give away (Wal-Mart also sells them). That way if I get a hole in the big canvas bag, I don't lose any coins.

Sometimes I walk to the bank during lunch( I have to park far away). That's when I break out my backpack with wheels. Also the backpack is a nice place to store all CRH stuff. I usally keep a bunch of the vinyl bag, canvas bags and zip lock bags in it. I use the zip lock bags when I'm riding from bank to bank. I usally sit in the parking lot and got through the rolls. I put the keepers in the zip lock bag and everything else goes in the vinyl bags. I do this until I run out of $ or banks.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've got a couple of things. One is a little tin that some christmas candy came in. Holds 48 rolls, so almost a box. Would easily hold 1000 loose halves, but currently I roll. I also use a backback, but it's starting to tear.

When you use these canvas bags, do you turn them in or dump them at the bank into one of their plastic bags? None of the banks around here use canvas anymore and they don't seem to wanna give up the plastic ones.

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Anthony I have some $50 cent canvas bags. They are the only ones I have ever seen so i dont know the difference in size compared to a half bag but trust me 50 bucks in pennies is heavy lol. Remind me and ill make sure to pack a few for when i come out your way next month. BTW I cant freakin wait!!!!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
dandow20 said:
ugotit22 said:
i use giant canvas bags that make me look like santa clause when i walk in wit the bag drapped over mu shoulder

I have a bag just like it and make the same joke!!
You guys talking about the big one for cash? I got one of those on a road trip once, could probly fit $10K in halves in it but couldn't lift it haha. HH Mark

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I use the Coin-Safe plastic bags the bank gives me. I use heavy-duty rolling luggage to move the coin. I built a wooden partition to distribute the weight evenly so I'm not concentrating the weight on the bottom. Typically, I can haul $4k in the luggage at a time.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
I use the bed of my truck. Unload into the hopper with a shovel. Yeah that's how I roll.

Or I use Canvas bags I'm having trouble lately separating reality from dreams.

Michael

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread