Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday for four hours of digging nothing but shotgun shell butts, aluminum can pull tabs, bottle caps, assorted iron, fishing sinkers, what was becoming a frustrating day suddenly became exciting. Out of the hole King George III. It was the only coin of the day I didn't even find any clad.

Don in Brewster helped with the ID.

1776 Machins Mills 6-76A

Made in Newburgh New York in the 1780s

How fitting to find the 1776 date on the day before the Fourth of July.

Enjoy and happy hunting

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467645967.038060.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467645978.726713.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467645991.633965.jpg

Upvote 32
How do you know its not real?

Hi; Cool find. To bad the date is not right. Good Luck. HH. PEACE:RONB

That's one good looking KG. It's really cool that its 1776 and Machin's Mills counterfeit. Odd's are I have dug a counterfeit, but mine have been so toasted that I never tried to tell if they were. I think it'd be really cool to have one from Machin's Mills given the history around them producing KG's. Great looking coin :thumbsup:

That's a killer counterfeit in great condition. Congrats buddy. Love it

1776 date is fitting for the occasion . Independence came with a cost . I asked a few college age students , who the Colonists fought during the Rev War ?
They answered ,
The South , :icon_scratch: duh, unreal ... the :censored: South ..... sad .

Most T netters will get the answer correct ... I hope .

Happy July th 8-)

That's one good looking KG. It's really cool that its 1776 and Machin's Mills counterfeit. Odd's are I have dug a counterfeit, but mine have been so toasted that I never tried to tell if they were. I think it'd be really cool to have one from Machin's Mills given the history around them producing KG's. Great looking coin :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply. I'm happy with the condition. Vaseline works wonders cleaning.

1776 date is fitting for the occasion . Independence came with a cost . I asked a few college age students , who the Colonists fought during the Rev War ?
They answered ,
The South , :icon_scratch: duh, unreal ... the :censored: South ..... sad .

Most T netters will get the answer correct ... I hope .

Happy July th 8-)

THE SOUTH?!! What is wrong with today's youth?

Thank you for your reply, happy 4th!

pretty good shape too !

Congratualtions on the old copper recovery, being counterfeit is a bonus! :occasion14:

Congrats on digging that awesome counterfeit copper DD. :occasion14: Love it when the old coppers come pout with some good detail. :thumbsup:

Great find Dude. You know I love colonials and that's a nice one.

Cool find; congrats. I lived in the area of the Machin Mills. Here's the historical sign.

Attachments

• Machin.jpg
    Machin.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 122
Congrats on digging that awesome counterfeit copper DD. :occasion14: Love it when the old coppers come pout with some good detail. :thumbsup:

Thanks LD ! Best looking copper I dug in a long time.

Wonderful find! I'm a big fan of counterfeit coppers, and yours is amazing. I don't have any references, but yours must be extremely rare at a minimum.

I'm going to go ahead and say this is a Banner coin and my vote is going in. It's much rarer than some of the other, ahem, stuff up there.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back