Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm combining yesterday and today's hunt.

First, today's hunt. Got out for a after work hunt and found a bucket list find, a 1853 3-cent piece !!! Always wanted to find one. It was the second hole (first was a modern Jefferson nickel). Next keeper was a V-Nickel 1911, in better shape than how I normally find them. Next two keepers are 2-Merc dimes, 1918 and 1926. Not a bad 2.5 hour after work hunt.

Sunday hunt, weather in NY was rainy with some heavy down pours so during a break with more down pours to come I decided to go out, why do I own rain gear if I'm not gonna use it? Well I did and I'm glad...... I found two nice keepers, 1945 and 1952 D silver quarters.

Anyone have any advice on how to remove the crud from the Trime without destroying the coin? I think it may be iron rust, not sure.

Enjoy the photos and HH

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465264354.888498.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465264386.902055.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465264399.321982.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465264428.762678.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465264459.156522.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465264512.378168.jpg

Upvote 10
What a couple Sweet hunts you had, and one great coin to scratch off the list!! A bucket lister for most, including me. Those other silvers are sweet too but, hard to compare next to that 3 Cent Piece.
Congrats!!

Very cool find! On our list for sure!!!! Congrats!!!!!:occasion14:

Congrats to you dude. You're having a stellar year.
Let the trime soak in lemon juice for about an hour.
I might be going to "The Park" on Saturday

Nice job on the old coin DD that silver three center is on my bucket list....

Congrats DD... that's a bunch of nice coins.

Best of luck to you sir!

Congrats on the bucket lister and the other keepers DD. :occasion14: Any day you can mark one off the bucket list is a great day in my book. :headbang: The trime still eludes my coil. Do they ring in like a dime? :dontknow:

Nice! The 3-cent is still on my list. Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on the bucket lister and the other keepers DD. :occasion14: Any day you can mark one off the bucket list is a great day in my book. :headbang: The trime still eludes my coil. Do they ring in like a dime? :dontknow:

Thanks for reply LD. To answer your question, no it did not ring like a dime, on the Deus with 18Khz dime is normally 91/92 the trime rang up 82/83. It sounded good enough to dig and I'm glad I did! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back