Bucket lister....for me anyway (2 cent piece)

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm stoked to find one of these! Hit an old farmhouse by me again where a found a largie before and got a few newer and older treasures. 20170807_203019.jpg 20170807_203029.jpg 20170807_203043.jpg

Upvote 19

JccEldreth

Feb 8, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, that one is on my list!

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks to be in nice shape too! Congratulations.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing coins aren't they? Congrats on yours looks to be in nice shape too! What is that silverish looking item you have in the one picture?

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing coins aren't they? Congrats on yours looks to be in nice shape too! What is that silverish looking item you have in the one picture?

Thanks! Yeah, I thought it was in darn nice shape too.

The silver thing is very thin and has clips on the back that looked to be worn on a hat, or clothing. The initials are C.C.J. I found a suspender clip on the same property in the late winter with the exact same initials on it. This farm house is on the pa historical maps of 1876. Was on the map as J Johnson. The train tracks that go through the area are literally a stones throw from where I found both initialed pieces. The RR was completed in the late 1860's. Here are closer pics of front and back. Any ideas? This was down the full depth of the pointer! Barely detectable in all metal mode. 20170807_223014.jpg 20170807_223115.jpg

Last edited:

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that $0.02 piece. It's in wonderful shape and it's a great year and you can still read the we on the motto which is rare. A bit of trivia that is the first United States coin ever to use that In God We Trust motto

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The silver thing is very thin and has clips on the back that looked to be worn on a hat, or clothing. The initials are C.C.J. I found a suspender clip on the same property in the late winter with the exact same initials on it. This farm house is on the pa historical maps of 1876. Was on the map as J Johnson. The train tracks that go through the area are literally a stones throw from where I found both initialed pieces. The RR was completed in the late 1860's. Here are closer pics of front and back. Any ideas? This was down the full depth of the pointer! Barely detectable in all metal mode. View attachment 1480949 View attachment 1480952

That little gem looks like real silver to me. Pretty cool find and great recovery at depth.:icon_salut:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET 1864 in beautiful condition. Check the motto size for this year. Small Motto is a bit more scarce. Either way you notched this wonderfully designed coin off your bucket list and in High Style! Congratulation mate!:headbang:

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that $0.02 piece. It's in wonderful shape and it's a great year and you can still read the we on the motto which is rare. A bit of trivia that is the first United States coin ever to use that In God We Trust motto

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Very cool info!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a great find! Hard one to find as they were not minted for as long as most coins.

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice 2 cent peice! I found a 1864 earier this year in similar condition. Those are fine coins. Great job!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The silver thing is very thin and has clips on the back that looked to be worn on a hat, or clothing. The initials are C.C.J. I found a suspender clip on the same property in the late winter with the exact same initials on it. This farm house is on the pa historical maps of 1876. Was on the map as J Johnson. The train tracks that go through the area are literally a stones throw from where I found both initialed pieces. The RR was completed in the late 1860's. Here are closer pics of front and back. Any ideas? This was down the full depth of the pointer! Barely detectable in all metal mode. View attachment 1480949 View attachment 1480952

Man I'm not Sure what that is, if I had to guess if say something fancy for the straps of suspenders? Looks sterling to me too

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on that cool 2 cent piece

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoa. Really nice. Congrats!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking finds, and congrats on a very fine 2 cent!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread