Cure For a Silver Drought? Great Neighbors!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey everyone,

Didn't expect to have time to hunt today but work was a little slow so I got to it.

I spotted some sidewalk strips yesterday that I wanted to try. No luck. Spent about 45 minutes there and didn't turn up anything old.

I went back to my house and canvassed the front yard. I found a few coins I missed before but nothing old. I moved to the back and about a half an hour after getting to my house I found a wheatie.

I was considering calling it a day but figured I could squeeze another 30 minutes in. The neighbors told me before that I'm welcome to hunt their little 1920s backyard so I took them up on it! That 30 minutes turned into almost an hour because there was some good stuff back there!

About 10 minutes in I was digging a signal when my neighbor Wendy came out to see what I'd found. She was surprised to see that I'd just pulled a Mercury dime! Spell broken :). I spent a while longer and found some wheats and tax tokens.

Here are my totals for the day:
-1 Mercury Dime (43-S)
-5 Wheat Pennies (44-D, 45-S, 47-S, 52-D, 53-D)
-10 Memorial Cents
-1 Nickel (58)
-4 Clad Dimes
-1 Quarter
-2 WA state tax tokens

I'm leaving town tomorrow but hope to get some more hunting in when I'm back this weekend! The neighbors a couple houses down told me their autistic son would love to join for a future hunt and their house was built in 1900 so I think I'm going to try and take a swing around there this weekend!

Good luck in the hunt.

-Washingtonian

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502152966.916801.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502152986.347131.jpg

Upvote 12

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS!:love4: It's great to have good neighbors and ones that trust you enough to hunt their property. I hope you can get together with the autistic boy and have a blast finding cool stuff. Investing time with him will be better treasure than anything you could ever dig from the dirt. Well done my friend.:icon_salut:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt! Looks like you've got more to hunt there! :thumbsup:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the finds! Very nice of your neighbors to let you detect their yards. Some of my best finds came from backyards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread