Buckles and horsebits and horseshoes from 2 sites

ruccello

Jun 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2
Hi everyone, last weekend was good for relics, found this group with my girlfriend searching 2 different mill/homestead sites. See my other posts for coins from these sites, and older posts with other relics from same.

Horseshoes: The top left I believe is called a corrective shoe.

Buckles: I think the top 4 are of the human kind, the two top right, and bottom left are harness buckles.

Horse bits: Pieces, and one almost whole - I found a beautiful whole one last time.
Other horse stuff: I think the bottom right is part of a horse post, very heavy steel, probably went through a large wood beam. Copper colored item looks like a bull ring, but who knows - it is copper.

Axes: 2 large heads, 2 extremely large square nails, some kind of handle, a broken metal toy gun, and a UFO (unidentified found object).

Knife: A very heavy, at least 1/4" steel - about 7" long hand forged knife

Suspender buckle I think: This is copper, and it says "Made only by Potter & Smith Boston" and on the top loop upside down it reads Pat Nov XX 1870.

Thanks for looking, if anyone has a better guess on the suspender buckle, please let me know.

Happy hunting,

Richard

Attachments

• Shoes.jpg
    Shoes.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 295
  • Bits:buckles.jpg
    Bits:buckles.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Axes.jpg
    Axes.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 308
  • Knife.jpg
    Knife.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 305
  • P&SBuckle.jpg
    P&SBuckle.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 282

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
The upper left shoe is an ox shoe. I may be wrong, but the bottom ax head looks like a felling wedge. Is there a hole for a handle to fit into? Nice relics. The kind of iron that I like to see.

OP
OP
ruccello

ruccello

Jun 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2
Hey lumbercamp, they are both axes, both have holes, and both have wood left in the holes. Thanks for looking. Any idea on the suspender clasp (I'm just wondering if that's what it is), no info. on the web about this company.

Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread