Bucks County

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
might wanna try around the bradford reservoir, rumor has it there's alot of treasure around that area:laughing9:

OP
OP
T

Thomasgsx

Greenie
Feb 26, 2013
Yeh, already been there and got it all, that's why i am looking for a new spot to try

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to know where you can hunt at Nockamixon. I thought that was all state land belonging to Nockamixon State Park? The people at Nockamixon headquarters told me that I could detect, but I couldn't dig any ground what so ever. It's nice area around the lake.

Last edited:

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in levittown area of.bucks.county have a few locarions to go plus trying to set up more if interested in huntong together please pm me

OP
OP
T

Thomasgsx

Greenie
Feb 26, 2013
I just hunt off of 563 right after the first bridge there use to be an old Boy Scout camp, and every time I go I run into ppl detecting, not sure if you are allowed but I never ran into anyone that cared

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where exactly is 563? Not familiar with it

George.°~° HAPPY HUNTING €°~°£ may the odds be ever in your favor ¡¿¥°~°£¿¡

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just hunt off of 563 right after the first bridge there use to be an old Boy Scout camp, and every time I go I run into ppl detecting, not sure if you are allowed but I never ran into anyone that cared

I have a friend that lives right up the road. I know about that old scout camp. It's all private property where you are at hunting. I would be hunting it if it wasn't private. Nice to know you guys are out there hunting an area without permission. Of course other guys hunting without permission don't care. It's stuff like this that makes it tough for me to get PERMISSION to hunt private property around this area....thanks. That is very close to my home and door knocking is almost useless these days because of guys like you that just go into areas and don't care if you're allowed to be there. I got some news for you. ALL land in Upper Bucks is owned by someone....

All that area back there is owned by either Nockamixon or private owners.

Last edited:

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where exactly is 563? Not familiar with it

George.°~° HAPPY HUNTING €°~°£ may the odds be ever in your favor ¡¿¥°~°£¿¡

Mountain View Rd....

OP
OP
T

Thomasgsx

Greenie
Feb 26, 2013
Actually I called yest since I read your one post saying you can md just can't dig. The land where the Boy Scout camp is not private property it is part of lake nockamixon and talked to a park ranger who told me I can hunt there just can not dig on any of the horse/hiking trails, and to fill my holes up after I dig them. So before you go preaching about "it's ppl like us who don't care that ruin it for other ppl" know your information. I don't disrespect ppls property and actually clean up trash I find or that I see when I'm hunting.

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lake Nockamixon is STATE land. I have spoken to the park rangers many times and a state park is a state park. I don't believe you, you have already gone onto a place without asking, you admitted it. As a matter of fact I will go down there today to see if I can dig stuff outta' the ground and keep it. I bet they say NO, like they have told me and other people many times in the past, hence why I don't hunt there....

I'll "preach" whatever I want when it comes to people doing stuff that makes this hobby tough for me in my own area that I live. I really hope the rules have changed in the 7 months since I last asked if I could hunt at Nockamixon last, I'd like to go there and look for stuff. I just can't see a state park changing their rules for a few people, but everyone else has to follow them?

BTW....: I should clear up that the park ranger told me that I could detect, I just couldn't use any device to dig a hole in the ground. I was only allowed to use a probe of some sort. If I did find anything, it had to be brought to front office for them to look at because if I had managed to find something decent, it was theirs. I asked about 5-6 times over the summer and the answer was always the same.

Last edited:

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're telling me to "know my info"? Hahahaha!! A few days ago you didn't even have a clue where to hunt in a big ****ing county, hahaha!! You walked onto state land without asking permission. You didn't care. THEN, you say you called an they told you it was cool...I'd say you sound suspect.

Oh well, I'm off to Nockamixon now to ask if I can DIG and KEEP some old coins and buttons. I really hope they say yes and I get to hunt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Thomasgsx

Greenie
Feb 26, 2013
Just telling you what I was told so I will continue to hunt there, there is always ppl up there detecting, so hunt it or don't no difference to me, just like Ralph stover park ppl say you are not aloud to hunt there I asked a ranger and they said about the same thing as the ranger at nockamixon as long as you fill your holes and don't dig in paths or picnic areas you will be fine, so maybe there is no set rules about md and the rangers have there own opinion about it.

OP
OP
T

Thomasgsx

Greenie
Feb 26, 2013
I have been md for 3 years in my spare time and haven't asked prior bc I have seen ppl doing it while I was fishing so thought it was aloud but when u told me otherwise I called to make sure, and that is what I was told, but good luck if you end up going there

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are set rules for hunting in Bucks County parks. That is why I get my PERMIT to hunt in Bucks County Parks. Funny thing....I was hunting Ralph Stover/Tinicum Park BEFORE I got a permit because I had seen people there when I was new and figured it was cool, just like you do. Ranger Sempowski called the Tinicum cops to come and let me know I was breaking the law. I was told I can hunt in the parks with a permit, and NOWHERE near the Stover historical properties.

I just got back from Nockamixon and things haven't changed. I was told I can look all I want, but I had to use a probe to try and retrieve an item...NO HOLE DIGGING....period. Then, I was told that I have to bring my finds to the office. If I found anything that looked historical, the archie would take a look at it. If it was deemed historical to the park, they would keep it and give me credit for finding it. Go to the office at Nockamixon and take a look at the rules they give you about mding. I was going to ask WHY, if these are the RULES for everyone that comes to detecting at Nickamixon, are there so many people back there digging holes? I didn't, I believe in Karma and being a rat would do me no good.

Is there a possibility you got a ranger at Nockamixon that is a little more lax....yes, it's possible. All I know is you seem to have a habit of just going to a place and hoping it's cool. You don't ask...from what I have read in your very few posts. That kind of hunting causes problems eventually..... either for you or others in this hobby.

Last edited:

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Laugh it up dude....you will eventually be asked to leave. Just watch...

Last edited:

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YOU seem to be allowed to dig at places where others need a permit or have been told no digging...that's kinda' funny....haha....

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya' know what man...ignore me. I'm just being *****y because I hate it when I play by the rules and it works against me. You go ahead and keep doing things the way you do them....

I will stick to my guns about asking for permission. People that have just walked onto land have made it tough to door knock around here. It's very common around my way for some farmer to walk out into his fields and see a bunch of douchebags hunting that snuck onto the property. They always say..."Well, we saw other people doing it"....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread