Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off "Yeh, already been there and got it all" is a newby statement if I have ever heard one. You will never get it all. Talk to the old timers. And as far as being aloud to dig there, you both seem to be talking to different people. I have a suggestion. Go to the park together and ask. That will put it to rest once and for all.

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already know what I'm talking about. I already cleared up that I am correct with one of the rangers. I am also friends with one of the rangers at Nockamixon and I know this dude is full of ****. Where these people are digging is not allowed...period. I know he's is full of **** because it is required that you check in with the front office at Nockamixon before you start to hunt. No one checked in to hunt the old scout camp. They are trespassing......

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries bud. I can tell this has gotten under your skin. Think I'm done with this thread.

OP
OP
T

Thomasgsx

Greenie
Feb 26, 2013
Man what a weekend went back to nockamixon with a few other ppl I met on here and we found some pretty kool stuff cousin Eddie you should have joined us

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No thanks.....Glad you found some cool stuff....Did you check in at the front like you are supposed to? Did you show all your cool stuff at the office like you are supposed to do? Sure hope you weren't using anything other than an ice pick to dig. You really should go to the front office and speak with Terry. Good luck...

You should post the stuff you guys found. I like to see cool finds....

Last edited:

NockamixonSP

Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below is the actual Directive for Metal Detecting in ALL PA State Parks (you would have to check with the County to find out their policy for detecting in the County Parks). We need to know when, where, and when you are done. Any items of historic value must be returned to the park.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Obie Derr, Park Manger
Nockamixon State Park

ps The camp that you are talking about is called Kahagon Camp and is on State Park property.

The reasonable use of metal detectors is permitted in many state recreation areas. Metal detecting is not permitted where this activity would conflict with a facility in use. Metal detecting is not permitted within fenced areas of swimming pool complexes (state operated or concession operated). Metal detecting on beaches and in lake swimming areas will be permitted within a reasonable distance of shore from the Tuesday after Labor Day until the Saturday prior to Memorial Day, unless posted otherwise. During the summer season, metal detecting in beach and swimming areas will be at the discretion of the Park Manager based on his knowledge of the use and type of facility. Metal detecting in other underwater areas will be permitted within a reasonable distance of shore if it does not conflict with other activities or have potential for causing damage to the facility.

Many state recreation areas have the potential for the recovery of valuable historical objects. State recreation areas with this potential may have part or all of their area closed to metal detecting. Areas to be closed to this activity should be approved by the appropriate regional office. The finding of historical objects in any state recreation area should be handled by following Management Manual Volume V, Section 920.340.

Shovels, spades, garden trowels, and other similar tools may not be used to dig into or turn over ground areas that are covered by turf, vegetation, shrubs, or trees. Permissible digging tools are screwdrivers, ice picks, and other similar narrow pronged devices.

Individuals who want to use a metal detector in a state recreation area must receive prior approval from the appropriate park office and report items which are found and will be removed from the park. Items recovered become the property of the finder, as described in Management Manual, Volume I, Section 1000.530, except for those of historical significance.

The above guidelines only pertain to state park lands. Persons should contact the Pennsylvania Game Commission, Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission and/or the DCNR Bureau of Forestry for guidelines applicable to their lands. In addition, persons should consult the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission if they are seeking or find historical artifacts. The Commission has legal responsibilities under the Historic Preservation Act (#273 of 1978).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions