BUFFALOBOY: 11 penny boxes

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I don't post much on here anymore for many reasons, but I am always hunting and lurking.
I figured I would post this... Last week, I went out on my first "road trip" ever, a small trip of about 10 banks... I gathered up 11 penny boxes from various suppliers... Brinks and Garda, as well as some loose Dunbar rolls and some CWR.

Out of 11 boxes of pennies($275) + $65 in loose rolls(mostly CWR), I managed:

112 wheat pennies, oldest being from 1917
2 sealed boxes of 2012-D zincolns... don't know if I should keep them or not...
2 AU wheat pennies, 1954-S(not a proof), and a 1958...
tons of copper which i toss back,

...and!!

~33,800 pennies to dump back into circulation... I just wish I had planned this before I did it, not only was I suprised on how poor my penny results were, but 33,800 pennies is A LOT of cents! ha.

Thanks for reading, I am actually truely grateful for my haul of wheat pennies, and love the thrill of the hunt... you never know what you may find!
I plan to do a roadie every month now, so I will try to post monthly.
HH
Buff

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, forgot to mention... I asked for half dollars and large dollar coins at each bank gathering 3 common ikes and $81.50 in skunky halves. (most banks had $2-5 on hand, one bank had $22.50)

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing all those pennies, why do you toss the copper back! If you don't want to hang onto it you could probably sort em and sell em for alitle over face. I keep my copper now and have jars full of it:)

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all the copper takes up too much space and is not liked laying around the house... though i do have $100 FV copper cents from the past tucked away :)
Doing all those pennies, why do you toss the copper back! If you don't want to hang onto it you could probably sort em and sell em for alitle over face. I keep my copper now and have jars full of it:)

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds, too bad you didn't get any IHs or key dates! the AUs are always awesome to find though, I absolutely love AU wheats. I almost exclusively search CWR of pennies, I find a lot of solid rolls and get much better wheat averages.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no "pics" folks.. another reason why I don't post much, the demand for pictures... Believe me, when I find something AWESOME, you'll see a picture :)
@SilverForBrains, AU wheats are real nice, I picked up $30 in CWR pennies from a bank to have searched somebody's rewrapped dumps, unfortunately, the CWR's this time around didn't out produce the boxes, but there's always a chance for next month when I do another road trip!

solielj

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Try putting one of those boxes of 2012's on Ebay. I just sold a box for $35 plus $12 for shipping. People are buying them.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Try dumping 180,000 pennies. It's fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread