Buffalos

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
WoW Buffalos - Herd in a Box

When I checked my nickel box for enders I saw this 1936,
72512buffaloender.jpg
Started going through the rolls and found nothing much untill I hit a roll with 4 all with dates and then a few rolls later I found the 1928. Nice that they all had dates, still have about half the box to do plus the roll with the ender.

72512buffalos.jpg

A lot of rolls had nothing but the rolls with buffalos had 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 9 in them, every one with a readable date and all in good condition. Must have been someone's collection or part of one.

72512buffalo36.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SnyderD

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2012
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! I've heard of Buffalos before, but I'm drawing a blank on the history of them. When were they used?

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
1913 - 1938 They are also called Indian Head nickels. Most of mine are the later last few years but a couple were in the 20's.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those blue rolls look familiar from the older post on enders. Are you the guy who posted all those cool ender photos? I remember the guy in those posts had a bank that rolled it's own coins, and it seemed to produce a lot of collections.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Nope wasn't me. My nickels have always come in the blue and white wrappers, they are String an Son.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice box!! I picked up a box of nickels today with a 1921 ender in Strings and Sons wrappers. Your box gives me hope as I open this box. WTG!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome score!! definately a collection dump... go back and get some more... nickels by me are solid 2012 rolls
hh
buff

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
awesome score!! definately a collection dump... go back and get some more... nickels by me are solid 2012 rolls
hh
buff

I got them from a PNC. They order me a box of nickels, dimes, and halves a week and they never have anything extra, I have asked them. They changed from RBC a few months ago and must not do much business yet or something, when I ask if they have any extra boxes of coins she said, "no all we ordered was yours." I have asked them for any extra 4 or 5 times now and they never have any. I may try and ask her again though all she can say is no again. I got them some candy last week so I can push it a little.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you killed it! Love the buffalo nickle sadly I only have one. But I bet that's gonna change in the near future!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread