Building a Dredge/High Banker

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys....im wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in turning a 5.5hp preasure washer engine into a dredge pump?

I feel like it is almost their since it takes water in and blast it out....would i need to do anything to it?
Are there any instructions on how to build a dredge/high banker that someone could send me?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a 2"

I could use the engine though right? Its a 5.5hp honda. Can i add a pump to it? Where can i get a pump if i can?
Any links so i at least know what I'm looking for lol

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Are you suggesting removing the pressure system and bolting a regular water pump? Interesting idea. Water pump with a rolling chassis. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread.

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup.....i need to find a pump i can try to fit.....anyone ever tried this?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on the size and position of the mounting shaft. If it's a horizontal mount, forget about it. If its vertical, you might get lucky and have it be a normal size. Or you may have something which is going to take a ton of work and $$ just to try and cobble something together.

Last edited:

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
You might save some time & money by just trying to swap the pressure washer for a trash pump, or sell it & buy one.

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get a new 7 HP trash pump on ebay for around $170. It works great with my 2" suction nozzle.

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get a new 7 HP trash pump on ebay for around $170. It works great with my 2" suction nozzle.

Yeah i saw them but if i could save $100 why not? I work in the garage every night on cars etc...and this should only be 4 bolts.....

Any ideas why they would say you couldnt mount it vertically?

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
My guess would be direction of thrust on bearings & possibly the seals. Just a guess.
If you have a functioning pressure washer I would think you could get $100+ for it & then the trash pump would be a wash price wise with no hassle.
But, if a guy has the time modifying stuff can sure be fun...

Last edited:

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of my pressure washer engines are Hondas. Every one of them is a self regulating throttle. Once it is started it runs pretty much all out. If your engine is the same you would not be able to throttle up or down to get the pressure and flow right. Maybe yours is different. Just. Thought

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread