Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That was a very fair article, I bet it made some sheeple wad it up in anger and chuck it in the trash.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It just cracks me up. The article immediately begins with an invalid statement. That being; that the Federal Government Owns the Land the dredge miner ruling pertained to. "FEDERALLY ADMINISTERED PUBLIC LANDS" is correct. The Federal Government only owns those disposed lands it buys back from someone! The U.S. public owns the land......those are public lands open to mineral entry......NO State Ownership and no Federal Ownership! There are laws that bring forth the purpose/use/admin of such Federal Lands. And the Feds have such determination via LAW.

If we want to see that our miners rights are maintained we should always correct errors by those making false statements. Yes we like the general conveyance of a "WIN" but as long as the public thinks the land is the Govs we are asking for trouble. Someone down in that neck of the woods should offer an explanation. Then if given the opportunity the explanation of Public Domain and Granted Rights might be further explained.

Anyway, journalists today just crack me up!

Bejay

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
It just cracks me up. The article immediately begins with an invalid statement. That being; that the Federal Government Owns the Land the dredge miner ruling pertained to. "FEDERALLY ADMINISTERED PUBLIC LANDS" is correct. The Federal Government only owns those predisposed lands it buys back from someone! The U.S. public owns the land......those are public lands open to mineral entry......NO State Ownership and no Federal Ownership! There are laws that bring forth the purpose/use/admin of such Federal Lands. And the Feds have such determination via LAW.

If we want to see that our miners rights are maintained we should always correct errors by those making false statements. Yes we like the general conveyance of a "WIN" but as long as the public thinks the land is the Govs we are asking for trouble. Someone down in that neck of the woods should offer an explanation. Then if given the opportunity the explanation of Public Domain and Granted Rights might be further explained.

Bejay

mailto:[email protected]

Have a crack at it. I have with no response

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll let you know. I sent an email offering some EDUCATION.

Have not met a journalist yet who likes being educated!

It probably gets worse when my email address is basically "golddigger"

Bejay

Last edited:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've asked a few journalism students why they chose that career path and they all responded with" I want to make a difference". Really? How about just the facts? objectivity.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
I can't figure out why many in media take the liberal view instead of the facts. It is to their benefit to report the facts if they are to be credible whether the outfit they are working for has an agenda. I don't care who it may hurt, whether liberal or conservative. Just get out the truth. This was a good article, it didn't take sides.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It just cracks me up. The article immediately begins with an invalid statement. That being; that the Federal Government Owns the Land the dredge miner ruling pertained to. "FEDERALLY ADMINISTERED PUBLIC LANDS" is correct. The Federal Government only owns those disposed lands it buys back from someone! The U.S. public owns the land......those are public lands open to mineral entry......NO State Ownership and no Federal Ownership! There are laws that bring forth the purpose/use/admin of such Federal Lands. And the Feds have such determination via LAW.

Bejay

Well I sent a nice email pointing out the point of Gov Owned Lands vs Public lands. I have yet to get any response from the journalist. Granted; a journalist can be ill informed and not understand even his/her owned printed words. But historically I have been interviewed by journalists who end up printing incorrect information. When I have brought errors to their attention I get: "No big Deal" as an answer.

The biggest error occurring today is by those who read articles and believe the written word verbatim, without even questioning the source.

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread