bullseye 2 sucks

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
Same story here, six month old Bullseye, and the switch took a dump! >:( I tried the fix posted above, but being the ham-fisted oaf that I am, I managed to unsolder the original connection to the circuit board when I put the new switch in. I played around with that for a while, and finally got it connected and working again, but when I put it all back together it didn't work. ::)

I played around with it for a bit, getting it to work intermittently, and finally gave up! Stopped by the local hobby shop and got a new vibr-probe. They claim they've been pretty bullet proof for most people, and so far I like the way it works!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Call White's. They've got probably the best customer service in the industry! ;)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a BULLSEYE 120 MM and it gives me false reading all the time and i hear that a lot of detector users have problems with whites pin pointer's >:( :o ??? :'(

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Have had no problems whatsoever with my Bullseye II. Jeffro's right, White's has great customer service. What I would've done is sent it back to White's. BEFORE I took it apart.

B

Brush Creek

I took 2 bullsyes back and they gave me a new one every time my switch went out.
Finally when the 3rd went out I went to radio shack and got a micro switch and soldered it in and it worked great.

I use a $15 buck little wizard now and am real happy with it. price wise and its a stronger pinpointer.

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The switch is a problem. However, I'm on my 3rd Bullseye, they send a new one everytime you return one.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well my 140mm went out after 1 month! I have sent it in so we will see what is going to happen with it. I have a II that is messed up and I will send it in next, once I replace the 140mm probe. I hope since I had it only one month I don't have problems with it but I am waiting to find out what service is like. Between BB and myself we have had 4 and 3 or the 4 have had switch problems. :( Otherwise I love the prove and wish White's would replace the switch with a different version from the beginning.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
They have since went with a new switch, but there are still the old style out there on the shelves. It's a bummer, but they are doing what they can.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
UPDATE

I sent my Bullseye 140mm probe in for repair last Friday. I received a replacment today! The support from Whites has proven to be excellent! Thank you Whites! :D :)

I like the 140MM probe because it it sl longer than the II and the vibration feature is stronger, I think the light might be just a little brighter but I could be imagining that.

Thanks again Whites!!!!! :)

grob211

Jul 18, 2007
Flemington,NJ
Detector(s) used
White Prism V
I bought the bullseye 2 a couple of weeks ago and I hope th eswitch doesnot go bad I think it is an amazing tool one of my first times using it I was in the yard next to mine in Nj and I have a White PrismV and found an 1841 sitting liberty dime is fine condition and I would never have found it so easily without the pin pointer do not go out without it good luck Greg

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT
The switch on my BEII is getting a bit iffy...

It's a couple months old with quite a bit of hunt time on it though.

I bought it second hand, but new in the box.

I wonder if White's would stand behind it???

Nickel_B

P.S. When it works, it works great!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Nickel_Buff1935 said:

Nickel_B

Send it in and it should cost you $6.95 for return shipping and handling. I used a place in Illinois.

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
mastereagle22 said:
Nickel_Buff1935 said:

Nickel_B

Send it in and it should cost you $6.95 for return shipping and handling. I used a place in Illinois.

Got an address???

Or does somebody know of a place in NY that would be closer??

Thanx,

Nickel_B

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
Well my BE II crapped the bed in the middle of my day out hunting yesterday...

I shot an email to the south east repair center.

We'll see where it goes from here!

Nickel_B

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickel_Buff1935 said:
Well my BE II crapped the bed in the middle of my day out hunting yesterday...

I shot an email to the south east repair center.

We'll see where it goes from here!

Nickel_B
Hope mine doesn't go south anytime soon....I can't hunt without it, in fact if I go out and forget it..I just forget about hunting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread