Bullseye 2 vs Automax V2 - pinpointers - need help which to buy?

F

freemoney

Bullseye 2 vs Automax V2

Im deciding which one to buy, which one is better for finding coins in holes? price is not a deciding factor, the deciding factor is performance/reliability/durability, can anyone gives me pros and cons on each pinpointer?

Thankyou in advance, this will help me decide which one to buy, just so you know I have a Ace 250 and hate picking up it all the time re-scanning the hole.

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
ive never owned a bullseye but i do have an automax v2 and it works well. it detects to a depth of about 1 and a half to 2 inches which is fine for pinpointing. the cool things are you can set it to either beep or vibrate, it detects along the last 3 or so inches of the shaft so you can easily detect objects in the side of the hole. the bad stuff is its size, it is really big and the probe is not strong enough to even think about prying with it. hope this helps.

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Just to confuse the issue a little....I also have an Ace 250 and couldn't see buying a pinpointer that would cost 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of the Ace. I went with a TinyTec Deluxe for $43. The control box is just a little larger than my hand, it has a 6" probe and detects coins great at about 2". It has a little light for seeing down in the holes (not that I have dug anything over about 4" or so or dug at night...yet) and an autoshutoff that turns the machine off when you point the probe upward. All in all, I think it's a great value.

HH, ya'll!

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
I don`t know about other pinpointers but do know the automax WORKS ! You will wonder how you ever got along without it . The kids use it as a md..by running it along the ground sideways...and they make a lot of finds also !!!! You can use it under metal playground equip where you cannot swing md , and pick up a few shallow goodies also . Have a good un . :)

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
I have a Bullseye, in fact two of them. Bought them both off of ebay for $40-50 each. I can't understand how I ever got along without a pinpointer, it spoils you greatly. Mine detects up to about 2 inches. It's small and easy to use whereas I've heard the number one complaint about the Automax is size....I think both perform well. A pinpointer will save you lots of time!
Happy Hunting. Dan

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
If you go with the Automax V2, and you do happen to get a little too vigerous with your probing and end up using the probe to lift that plug. Your gonna break the wand. It breaks eaiser than you think.
Two things you can do.. You can glue it back together and be on your way. Or , If you bought it at Kellyco. Give them a call and they will instruct you on how to return it and they will send you a new one. If you purchased it within one year. Thats what I did..
Hope this helps you,,

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Go with the Bullseye 2....I have them both and they both work great, but the V2 is too bulky and lacks durability. The Bullseye is more compact and "hands down" a more solid piece of equipment, but then again I seldom use either one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread