Bench Testing Edge Jewelry Mode

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
I wasn't getting a response to my various Au items while bench testing the Edge in Jewelry Mode. When I set discrim to zero, then it responded loud and clear. Selecting one of the preset modes apparently does not override the discrim setting.

Since the discrim range is -36 to + 36, picking zero should cause the icon to display 5 (for 50% of the way through the range), but it displays 6 since it runs from 2 to 10 by increments of 2.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan_h, your on the right track. Not every machine even from the same manufacture is built the same. Some read different numbers on the same target or the controls each work a little differently or don't follow the manual exactly. Every machine should be tested on various targets to see how they behave. Air tests are not a good indicator of preformance. That's why a test garden is useful. Don't forget to test how close to iron or two targets close together make the detector behave.

HH,

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions