Bumps,Bruises and Bees. The things we go through for treasure.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Bumps,Bruises and Bee's. The things we go through for treasure.

Hey everyone, I got the chance to get some real hunting in this weekend. Besides the bumps bruises and bee stings my brother and I took we did well. I went out Friday, Saturday and sunday. It felt good to get out again every day. I was able to make some good finds. I hunted a ballfield on Friday a park on Saturday and another park sunday. For the most part things were slow until this evening. I did also go back to a old early 1800's home site that is now a construction site. The only notable find from there was a very small flat colonial button in the first pic. I wanted to hit the site one more time before it is gone forever.

Later today I had nothing to do and the wife and kid were asleep so I figured I could slip out again for a couple hrs over to my favorite park. Me my son and brother went to the park. I noticed a few weeks back they made a clearing of some tree's that bordered a old grove. I never found nothing at this grove accept one old button. It was hit before. They took out just a 10ft section about 75 ft long. We decided to hit it because we had nothing to do and have hit most of the park already. Within five minutes of getting out of the car I dug the 1891 seated dime. I knew then that the area was all open long ago and the little bits they took out was what the place looked like back then.

It was a very good sign and I knew that wasn't the only thing gonna pop up. I found 4 wheat's 2 Indians and a 1830 coin that I have know idea where it came from. My brother found one v nickle 1 Indian and a few wheat's and relics.

I found a gold ring that I thought was fake but when I cleaned it up it came out so nice that I am not sure if it's real or fake. There is no corrosion on it at all. It says in the band this 1/40 12k RGP. Has a really nice design on it that looks like hearts in the middle of the band. If you all know what this stamp means could you please tell me.

Other than that if they didn't clear this area out you could not have hunted it because it was near a cliff and you wouldn't have no room to walk with the tree's and the hill dropping off to the road.

Always hit those area's in old parks that get a clearing. I don't care how small they are get your detector on it. Because these area's really produce and open up new grounds for us. Hitting these little nooks makes me think what was really in this park. Wish I would have been the first but I don't mind cleaning up.

Good Luck Everyone Jeremy

Attachments

• Gold and coins 001.jpg
    Gold and coins 001.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 496
  • Weekend clad.jpg
    Weekend clad.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 497
  • Tags.jpg
    Tags.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 498
  • Big Relics.jpg
    Big Relics.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 496
  • Big Relics 1.jpg
    Big Relics 1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 489
Upvote 0
Re: Bumps,Bruises and Bee's. The things we go through for treasure.

Hiya Jer!? :D

The RGP stands for rolled gold plate. So what you have is a ring made of base metal and it is plated with 12k gold. Here is a link you can read up on it and about other things you will be wanting to know about now that you are out there finding stuff. It still a nice looking ring, even if its not the jack pot YET! Cool your finding a old hunting place like you have! ;)

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/pics/ct/cp01001e.pdf

H.H
? Gigi

Jer dfx,
congrats on the finds, cool relics, old coins, clad and jewelry to boot. Yeah good day for you guys
hh
dave+bobbie

Very nice!!!, Jer...
I love seeing all your old Whats is it's, cool sites...
The 1830, is that the coin with the hole in it?
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nice outting Jeremy! Always like to see your interesting finds! Nice Ring!! :D

HH 8) surfrat

You found a great place to get some digging in there.
Very nice finds.
HH

Excellent!

HH

Lonewolfe

Thanks GiGi, I have found many of real rings. And hundreds of fake's. This thing cleaned so well without the slightest chip that I thought just maybe it was just hollow. It is a old ring also and most of the giliting doesn't stay on them unless it is of high quality gold plate. And even then they chip. I put this ring on my finger up next to all the real one's and there is no difference. Must of just been made well.

I took alot of bumps and bruises this weekend. It was one of those get hurt weekends. Brother got stung up pretty good in the woods by bee's. But nothing stops us and if I had to do it again witch I will I would go at the drop of a hat. Nothing like finding silver and old coins from the 1800's. That is what gets me going. No matter how many indians I have dug they never get old.

I always have a old place to hunt GiGi. I know you don't know me well but I am pretty good at this and am very passionate about the hobby. Just look through the forum to see how much I have found and that will tell you the time that I have spent. And the skill that I have.

Sorry to double post the william the 4th coin. Yes it is the one with the hole through it. I just threw it in at the last moment as a little extra and if maybe someone doesn't look at the other topic it's under.

Thanks all HH Jeremy

:) Your right Jer we don't know each other yet and it can be hard to know how someone means something by posts. I didn't mean to sound condescending or anything. Forgive me if I offended you , really I didn't mean to at all. I just really didn't "think" lol ya know? :-[ I mean I did think gee has he been at it long enough to have found much? Or has he been so lucky to have found a lot of great stuff? I just didn't think at all in that way. I'm sure if your "passionate about the hobby" and have been deligent at your hunting you have got a lot of experience. Far more then me in this type of treasure hunting...myself I have hunted the thrift stores and yardsales and pawn shops and finely got a MD. People are starting to get wise to what they have and aren't moving it along as much. So I'm sure I will be looking for tips from you and all on this forum to help me out! ;) Friends? :)

H.H
Gigi

Hi GiGi, No problem at all. It's not your fault and I shouldn't be boasting. Ego must have got big for a moment. I know you weren't intending to make me look bad or anything. You were just trying to help. From the looks of it it may have seemed that I didn't know much but I do. Even pro's need help from time to time.

We need more women in the hobby. I think you'll do great. Just keep at it. Ask alot of questions and get out in the field as much as you can.

Friends for sure. Need something just drop me a line.

HH Jeremy

MAN WHATTA HAUL ! - very inspiring - NICE JOB - LBP

Great finds, great site !!

Keep @ it and HH!!

wow u have a nice haul there.. nive ring!

As always jer thanx for a great story and congrats on the finds.You describe everything so well that it draws a picture that I can see in my head when reading.Cool finds !!HH

Yea whatever Jimmy5503 said and good stuff Jerdfx. HH

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate everyone who looks at my finds.

HH Jer

Hey, those are some really nice finds. I'm pretty new at this and haven't had a lot of lucK yet (although I did dig a silver ring). So it is nice to see what someone with a lot of experience can do. Hope to get there someday. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back