Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alll,
this morning brought my detector along with me , and been meaningto hit this small patch of dirt by a site they are redoing sidewalk/driveway since they weren't there figuredi would shoot it before going to get my little one...about 25 mins i get a nickel hit, then a dime about 1 foot apart....i dig a crater like usual..lol..use the sand scoop and guess what i dug up?? any guesses?....well first a merc dime 1941, then the nickel was a 1945..yeah boyyyy!!!!...was in a 6 foot area too..the nickel is it a war nickel ?? the rest of the area is pretty much about to be either paved or graveled to the house.. may go by there after g/f wakes up from nap after work and double check the area...gregg...HH

Attachments

• dirtfinds.jpg
    dirtfinds.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 321
  • dirtfindsb.jpg
    dirtfindsb.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff!

HH

lonewolfe

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ty...

i meant to word part of that post differently..i meant by meaning they weren't there , meant i would shoot the public area in front of there...not the actual property..gonna go by there maybe they will be there today let me try the rest , not very big area they were digging, just felt lucky this morning...now if i could only have the luck to do that and find a box of money or winning lotto numbers then i wouldbe happy..lol..thanks again..Gregg..

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow OC!!! Great finds!!!

;)

buudman

Mar 31, 2005
phila.pa
GREGG NICE FINDS TWO GREAT COINS I LOVE THOSE MERCS. HEY YOUR OTHER POST THE TAG I HAVE NO IDEA BUT ITS STILL NEAT.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? BUD

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you all,

have no idea about the worth..i have a site somewhere in my favorites..lol...thanks everybody, like i told morris if it hadn't been for it being right next to a busy road would of probably ran in circles with excitement..lol.. thanks budd about the tag, morris found it..

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Love finding the good stuff, WTG!!!
Here is a site I use, usually just to try and figure out what coins are rare, and which ones are not.
http://www.pcgs.com/prices/frame.chtml?type=date&filename=mercury_dimes
Not sure how up to date it is, but I think it will give ya a good idea...
I think I read somewhere here on the board that the average silver is going for about 6 times the face value, unless it's rare, or special in some way...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

D

Deadshot

Gratz on the silver. I would definantly head back for another pass over that spot.

Try from a different direction and really "scrub" around the edges.

Keep it up,
Deadshot

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yhanks for the lni, will check it out..the area is only about 5-6 feet in size..will have to see if the guys doing the rest of the yard may let me go throug hthere but it looks about finished so....but may try again...thanks all..HH..Gregg

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver!! WTG!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread