Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie's dream hunt.

First I want to thank JD and the owners for making it happen. I felt the same as Nanna40 it was like a family reunion. Friday was just as much fun as Saturday. I will never forget the friendships that were developed. Saturday at 10:00 I hit pay dirt. My very first civil war bullet. Just for few seconds I felt like a little kid with excitement. My first pictures. findsTNet.jpg
The gold ring was won as a door prize Friday. Yes Monty you made a believer out of me on not winning door prizes. SORRY my friend.
The next picture is the arrow heads. Won at TNet.jpg I had to pry them from JD's fingers. :D :D :D

I had a great time at Ryan's Buffet with 12 members and friends. One of my new friends was Charlie. I sure hope we cross paths again old pal. One of the main topics was having another hunt next year. Another topic was about GypsyHeart and others. We all missed not having you there. Thank you all for making this hunt a dream hunt for me.

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Re: Burdie's dream hunt.

Great finds. And a pleasure meeting you. Maybe we can do this again in the future.....oh, and congrats on the arrowheads. That is a beautiful display.

Bobby

p.s. And check out my post in the mug shots. It is from the hunt.

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Other pictures

Attachments

• Arrow head.jpg
    Arrow head.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 369
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 368
  • shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 369

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

Glad you won those arrowheads Burdie. I really wanted them, but seeing how you have always wanted to try searching for some yourself, this was the next best thing for you. That is one beautiful display of points.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

B,

sounds like you had a good time.

Nice arrowheads, congrat.

have a good un................

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.

Burdie,

Boy them arrowheads are nice. ;D. i really hope you enjoy them. I put a post on the hunt thread telling you the same thing. Now you will probably fin a milion of them on you're own. i will get a hold of you later.

John

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WoW Burdie! Looka all that stuff you left with! :o

Great to meet you! I do hope to see you again some day.....

Had a great time at dinner, thanks for saving the table!

Nana :)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

!Thanks for sharing your pics Stan...You dont know how much I missed not being there ,but as you all know the reason ,and how torn I was.
Those arrowheads are fantastic and all the great pics you guys are posting are wonderful. Thanks for sharing so much of the hunt with those of us who couildnt go...we were all hanging on back home to every post you guys were making and Nanas updates were like lifesavers......
That ring is just too much

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Stan, once again congrats on the arrowheads. Those will look great on the wall right below that horse halter.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I saw that horse halter, but it looked fairly modern. How did you come abut finding it? Should be a good story knowing you! ;) I noticed that at the reception and at the hunt, we all had known each other through the forum so long that no subject was taboo or sacred. That made it all the more fun. It was almost like a high school class reunion wasn't it? Nice prizes and I told you not to sit too close to me and you'd win something nice. (I have never won anything in my life in a raffle)! My number was 5755755 that one would think was a luck number due to the sequence, but the curse of Monty is still intact! I am so jealous of you lucky guys and gals! Monty

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Burdie,

A real pleasure getting to meet you. You don't know how much I admired that display of arrowheads...that's what I wanted to win, but I am tickled pink over the CW bullets I won.

Sorry, I missed joining everyone at the dinner at Ryans, I was just hurting too bad to even move another step. I had soaked in a hot tub of water, took my pain pill, ordered delivery pizza.

Again, a pleasure...I agree with Monty it was like a class reunion only better.

;) RR

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey burdie I lost a display of Arrowheads.... did you see them???? hehe it was great meeting you!! congrats onyour finds and prizes... loooks like zim gonna have to give kansas a try!! hh jd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions