What a weekend! (& "hey" from & update re Nana)

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
What a weekend! (& "hey" from & update re Nana)

I haven't a clue where to start! So, I'll start with something irrelevant. I have to figure out hubby's digital camera before posting any pics (yeh, yeh) - not to mention finally figuring out how to get 'em posted!

Got home between 3 & 4, greeted the dog and hubby, settled in, and promptly fell asleep on the couch. Geez. You'd think I was gettin' old or somethin.'

My track record for nails held true. I kinda figured it might, but hoped I might find even one square nail. Didn't happen; all of 'em modern. And a fencing staple, and a wire thingy (90% corroded away) about the size of a mini hairpin. Attempted a "nana-bullet-mode" but only managed a tired shotgun shell (red plastic still attached though) And the horseshoe! Oh, and the cooking pot handle thing which isn't very impressive, but you can see where the end was flattened ... Well, some kind of handle thing, anyway.

Nana's hubby is a honey, River Rats is too - shoot, everyone there was just really neat people, y'know? Although the hunters' spouses got cute on us and decided to form an " A.bandoned S.pouse S.ociety" (read the initials... ). Real cute, y'all. Much hilarity there - and all around as the rest of us tromped all over hill and dale beeping - and digging - happily along.

Oh! There were TONS of goodies raffled! I won a years subscription to a magazine (gotta remind myself which one, sorry) - and a Sun Ray Pro headphones. VERY cool! and Very awesome! I really really like 'em. There were also various coins, artifacts (HUGE thank you for those donations! It helped make it so very special!)

NANA:
Got off the phone with Nana a little bit ago. I'd missed her call earlier (she was going to tease me and say they were back in St Louis and on their way to the house - ha!).

Well, she WAS in St Louis! And headed across the river to E St Louis (not on the highway, either). :o Anyone remember the movie "Vacation?" ??? "This is a part of America not everybody gets to see..." - Yes, well! (You ever try talking someone through a situation without letting on your own discomfort with it? Oy) Anyway, they did get on the right highway and are on their merry way. Nana sez she'll try to get into chat later (depending on how late, etc).

Back to the weekend. It was ... Just Right. I so hope everyone that hasn't yet, will get a chance to attend a get together of MDers. Specially if they're as nifty as the TNet bunch.

HH
Nan

I left out sooo much...

the music at the dinner, the kids, the dogs (and the brief altercation twixt two local critters), the food - Oh, the food! Steve and his hunt day door prize (awesome door prize!) Meeting all these screen names and trying to remember which one goes to which face - and the "real" names that go with which screen name, etc etc etc.

Lordy, I'm beat! :P

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Re: What a weekend! (& "hey" from & update re Nana)

You can email the pics to me Ros and ill post em here if you like.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Had a great time and people like you made it a great time. Great summary. Glad you had a safe trip home.

Burdie

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

good times ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ditto 35! 8)

Hey Ros! We made it to Metropolis.....I think I am in Illinois! :D

Thanks for making that yummy candy! Glad to know that I have noooo cavaties! :D Oh..and thanks for the hat too!

I had GREAT time Ros....You are a sweetheart!

Congrats on those finds!

Nana :)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

all have a good un............

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I have decided to start typing in green for the hunt posts because thats how I feel....Hahahaha....Glad you all had a great time and that you are arriving home safely. Looking forward to all the stories and pics!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Ros, it was great meeting you and to tell the truth-I've never seen someone have so much fun blowing their nose. ;D

OP
OP
roswellborn

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

stoney56 said:
Ros, it was great meeting you and to tell the truth-I've never seen someone have so much fun blowing their nose. ;D

Y'know, I never thought of it in quite that way before ;D I had more of those things if you wanted 'em, y'know (heheh)

It was mutual, Stoney - I'm so glad to have met you - what a wonderful day/weekend

HH
Nan 8)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great times are Priceless.........Looking forward to all the stories and pics! HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nan,

It sure was a pleasure meeting you. You're a hoot!!! Thanks for the wonderful time we shared together.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread