Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie's Hot Alabama Hunt

Well, our beloved Kansas T-net friend has come and gone from Alabama. Burdie and his lovely wife Vic came for a visit this week. Sad to say that most of my relic sites are jungle-like, so all's we could do is drive by and look at the old chimney's and rock walls covered in their vines. We did get lucky and find a spot that had been cut the day before. We started off the next morning going to the lake and hunting a bit.
IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5147.jpg

The finds........not much, but I had a wonderful hunting buddy! :thumbsup:

100_1346.jpg

100_1350.jpg

It didn't take long before that hot summer sun had us running for a bottle of water and the cool air conditioning! We then headed for my favoite hunted out spot and the cover of the shade of the big 'ole oak trees. Lisa and Terri met up with us for this one.

100_1330.jpg

100_1328.jpg

Burdie's heart was racing like wild when he dug what he thought was his first large cent! ;D

Sorry, Burdie. :-\ Maybe at MM's! :thumbsup:

100_1347.jpg

Here was my loot for the day. Got a 1925 wheat and the neatest key with a lion on it.

100_1349.jpg

100_1352.jpg

Then we had a little get together with my Alabama hunting buddies last night. Diggerbug, Terri, PossumheadEd and James in Alabama all came over to give Burdie and Vicki a warm Alabama welcome! :wink:

IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg
I had a fantastic time and am going to really miss you two. Hope the rest of your vacation is wonderful!

Nana :-*

Upvote 0

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Burdie's Hot Alabama Hunt

Great pics a fantastic time tigeather what a great trip and time with extented family!

And there is NO question about it everybody knows that Charlie and Nana are what makes the South GREAT!
Well really where ever they are at!

And the lion key is very cool.
Stan good luck on finding thatLC before you come home! :icon_sunny:

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

Simply put, that get together with friends for a great time detecting is what this hobby is about!! Great post about our hobby!!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

there is some "real" southern air conditioning in those pictures, just need a big ol oak to go along with it.

Nice hunt

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

Nanna,
Now that some good southern fun. Bet you all even had some pie to eat.lol
I am gonna have to find me one of them converters .
Hope the next find for you is gold(to match your heart)
Joe

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like you showed Birdie and his wife a Good Time Nana! I'm sure they were charmed by the Southern Hospitality that we Southerns like to extend to friends!! :wink: :wink: Looks like it was a blast and something I wouldn't have minded being at! Great Pictures and great post! :wink: :wink: :thumbsup:

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Great scenery, and loved the story, that's what it's all about. Good times and good friends...
Glad to see that the lake isn't all dried up...
Good luck to you all, & Happy hunting~

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool beans Nana!! Talk about keeping things cool the that give a whole new meaning to the word and I can honestly say I would have never have thought of it. I am so glad y'all had a wonderful time and was able to fellowship with the Tnet folks and to get some dig in to boot.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Awesome pics! :thumbsup: Can just imagine the great time y'all had. Gives the feeling that we were there too. Charlie, your ingenuity shines through again, LOL. :wink: Don't worry, soon it will be fall and we'll try and cool it down for ya up this way.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pics, fantastic finds, delicious food, wonderful "Southern Hospitality" by all the 'Bama folks. I never thought about a fan outdoors...we used ice cubes in a bucket of water, just stick your feet in. ;D

wantedposter3.jpg

Attachments

• wantedposter3.jpg
    wantedposter3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 741

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Location & Finds.

Cool Lion Key !

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Looks like a great time Nana! Love the lion key and the picture of the spouses is priceless!

HH,
Moon

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Looks liek you guys had an awesome time!!! :thumbsup: Keep up the hunting and the great finds! ;D

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Moonshadow said:
Looks like a great time Nana! Love the lion key and the picture of the spouses is priceless!

HH,
Moon

Spouses? You mean A$$ES !There is a bonified organization,you know,of which Charlie is President of.

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks so much, ya'll!

Come on over, CG! I've got an empty room waiting on ya! :D And...I think the house may be SOLD. :D

I did, Leese. Thanks!! :)

You are TOOOO kind, Evy! :-* I can't wait to see you all again!

Joe...AWWWW! Thank you!!! We didn't have a pie, but DiggerBug makes a mean peach cobbler! :thumbsup: MMMM...MMMM that was good! And homemade vanilla ice cream to go with it! :thumbsup:

Leon....The lake looks much better this year, still down just a bit, but nothing like last year thank goodness.

RR...That reward may have to be increased, as the two of them are running all over the country! We may never catch up to them! :D

Dragon...Thanks! I'm sure I was caught rolling my eyes as Charlie was packing that fan into the truck! :D

WSD....true, true!

Thanks again my friends! I hope you all have a GREAT weekend! :thumbsup: Find something good!

Nana :-*

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Awwww, that's so SWEET!

CHARLIE and VICKI, git up off yo royal A$$E$ and turn that darned fan off!! That's no way to MD!

Gawd, I bet ya'll had fun! Wish Dan and I could have been there. Congrats on a good Southern visit.

Noodle!

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello Nana,
I just wanted to thank you for the invite and for the good food and great company. I enjoyed meeting Burdie and his A$$ and everyone else. It was nice to finally meet DiggerBug and Terri and their A$$es were nice too. ;D It was nice to see you again and your A$$ is just as nice as can be and doing a great job on yawls deck. :thumbsup: I think my A$$ might come next time if your A$$ brings the fan. Maybe we can all get together again and do some hunting.
Thank You again and I'll talk to you later on.
Ed

P.S. Burdie, I hope you and Vicki have a great time traveling.

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ain't that the truth, Noodle! :D I will have to say though, I found myself sitting in front of that fan a couple of times! :P :D Come by and see me any time! :)

Possum...was GREAT to see you! Look forward to hunting with you guys soon. :thumbsup:

And just to clarify to those who don't know, here's a link to explain the A$$ comments. ;D :D

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,52466.0.html

Thanks!! Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread