Buried shovel in the woods?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ever heard the one about when digging treasure with a "partner" --do not be the one in the deep hole with a shovel digging out the chest once you find it , because the "partner" on top after you hand him the treasure chest up will whack you on the head with his shovel and will bury you and your shovel in the treasure hole. -- then he will walk off with both the chest and the murder weapon (his shovel) *-- if anyone sees him --he will just say -- he dug up this chest , so a shovel will not seem odd --they of course would have no ideal he killed you over it or that your body is buried out there somewhere , and if they are far enough out there and alone heck he might even bump them off and bury them too (leaving no witness to place him in the area) just in cause your body is somehow found.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
ever heard the one about when digging treasure with a "partner" --do not be the one in the deep hole with a shovel digging out the chest once you find it , because the "partner" on top after you hand him the treasure chest up will whack you on the head with his shovel and will bury you and your shovel in the treasure hole. -- then he will walk off with both the chest and the murder weapon (his shovel) *-- if anyone sees him --he will just say -- he dug up this chest , so a shovel will not seem odd --they of course would have no ideal he killed you over it or that your body is buried out there somewhere , and if they are far enough out there and alone heck he might even bump them off and bury them too (leaving no witness to place him in the area) just in cause your body is somehow found.

Ivan, did you clean the shovel off with ammonia to kill the DNA chain or leave it in the hole after removing prints? LOL Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

OP
OP
chinchilla

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, they must have buried the treasure with the shovel, then buried the shovel with the small spade because they did not want to leave any witnesses! But now, what do you suppose they did with the small spade and themselves? Ah, they must have buried themselves with the spade and pulled it into the hole with them. Mystery solved! LOL!!

Frank

lol, that one made me laugh :laughing7:

that one sounds like CSI

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
frankn --its bleach to screw up DNA -- because bleach is basically acid and eats away the proteins and grease that make up "fingerprints" and messes up blood DNA evidence as well by breaking up the DNA chain --

if you dig a bit deeper into that shovel hole --you might get a ,most ugly surprise . sometime a "pair" of wizeguy's will go out to bury a body with two shovels -- after the heavy body has been drug out into the woods and the hole dug -- one wize guy will "whack" the other one and put two bodies in the hole (the victim and the "other wize guy" )and then chuck the other wize guys shovel in on top of the both of em --then back fill the hole with his shovel and leave --dead bodies are heavy and bulky and hard to move around , so its good to have "help" but afterwards it not good to have someone who got the goods on you --esp if your the killer of the victim and the other wize guy is just helping to "dispose" of the body -- so why take a chance --two for one -- after the first murder (for which as a "wise guy" premed hit -- you will get the death pen if caught) --the rest are all "freebies".

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
frankn --its bleach to screw up DNA -- because bleach is basically acid and eats away the proteins and grease that make up "fingerprints" and messes up blood DNA evidence as well by breaking up the DNA chain --

Hay Ivan thanks, I will remember that next time.lol Frank... 111-2 700.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

if you dig a bit deeper into that shovel hole --you might get a ,most ugly surprise . sometime a "pair" of wizeguy's will go out to bury a body with two shovels -- after the heavy body has been drug out into the woods and the hole dug -- one wize guy will "whack" the other one and put two bodies in the hole (the victim and the "other wize guy" )and then chuck the other wize guys shovel in on top of the both of em --then back fill the hole with his shovel and leave --dead bodies are heavy and bulky and hard to move around , so its good to have "help" but afterwards it not good to have someone who got the goods on you --esp if your the killer of the victim and the other wize guy is just helping to "dispose" of the body -- so why take a chance --two for one -- after the first murder (for which as a "wise guy" premed hit -- you will get the death pen if caught) --the rest are all "freebies".
Shoot! If I had known this about bleach I wouldn't have been caught for my last murder! :BangHead::laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
oh well -- I grew up in new Orleans * my mom worked at a "family" owned and operated restaurant --so I grew up around "wize guys" when I was a kid == brass knuckles and switch blades and stub nosed 38's were common play toys for me back then as a 10 year old kid.

famous New Orleans "wize guy" sayings

they can only kill you for the first murder you do -- so the rest of them are free.

when you have any doubt about someone possibly ratting you out or being disloyal why take a chance ?, kill em .

No Body , no proof of crime.

50 lbs of lime is your best friend. 100lbs is even better

yank the teeth , cut off the head and hands --cut off any tats (thus making the body next to impossible to ID unless they got surgical implants with numbers on it) --dump the rest of the body in water with gators n it (they leave nothing behind )--pigs are also quite good at leaving zippo behind.

yes if someone attempts to hurt me or my family or loved ones / good friends -- I have the skills and knowledge to make them regret it .

but quite frankly I'd rather be friends with folks than foes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chinchilla

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The shovel was a murder weapon. He killed his partner with the shovel after they recovered a treasure from the hole. In goes his partner along with the shovel. Then he covers it all over with his shovel and leaves with his treasure. Just my thought on the matter.

that sounds possible franklin, but I went deeper and found nothing. I put the detector inside the hole and no signals at all

maybe it was a freak who wanted to hide a shovel nowhere lol

OP
OP
chinchilla

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carried a shovel into the woods in Bedford County, Virginia searching and digging for the Beale Treasure. Finally one day I tired of carrying that shovel into the woods I found a sink hole behind a stump and covered the shovel up with rocks and limbs. That shovel is still there, it was brand new but I never did go back after it. Could be the same reason your shovel was left in the ground. Somebody was treasure hunting, got ticked off because nothing was in the hole again, throwed the shovel in the hole and said the hell with it and quit. Maybe loggers dragging logs or rain and time filled the hole back in.

that could be, but strange is they made a hole to bury it. I would just do the same thing as you did with the rocks

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the confusion. I knew better then to leave my shovel. If you dig about ten paces S by SW you will find Jimmy Hoffa.

OP
OP
chinchilla

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry about the confusion. I knew better then to leave my shovel. If you dig about ten paces S by SW you will find Jimmy Hoffa.

bummer, I thought it could be Elvis

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the strangest thing I ever found in the woods was a small cup of pudding with a spoon in it,and the reason this was so strange is because we were miles from anywhere,no sign of anybody being there,we didn't even see any animals wile we were out there.:icon_scratch:

Probably belonged to a lumberjack who left it there after lunch break.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do you guys think? I found a deep buried shovel the other day. The strange thing is this was in the middle of the woods, near a tree. No way it went that deep by itself :icon_scratch:

Well if civil war skirmishes in the area, it could easily have been used to dig a foxhole for fighting or a grave to bury a dead comrade. If each soldier had his own shovel, nobody would want to add a dead soldiers shovel to his own load that had to be carried on the back.

Last edited:

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know if you go back and find anything else. Curiosity is killing me.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Hoffa's body was throwm into a metal smelter which is like 10,000 degrees of molten metal --"poof" the body is instant ashes with no DNA or other trace evidence left behind. , he was killed by "pro hit" men -- who's motto is --"No body"/ No crime" without a body --a good criminal lawyer can get you off in 99% of the cases --because the "govt" can not beyond a "reasonable doubt" prove the person is actually dead -- your lawyer can say "maybe" they could have just gotten bored with their old life , their wife and kids and ran off to start a "fresh life", now without a body to show that their dead , prove they didn't do just that.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
There are may theories about Hoffa. I liked the one that stated he was ground up and packaged in dog food cans that were shipped to South America. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

OP
OP
chinchilla

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are may theories about Hoffa. I liked the one that stated he was ground up and packaged in dog food cans that were shipped to South America. Frank...

I read one theory of he being processed along with meat for human consumption. who wants a hamburger...?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I am a RETIRED member of the SIU (THE SEAFARERS INTERNATIOINAL UNION) * IN 1968 9WHEN I WAS JUST 7 YEARS OLD) THE"AFL - CIO" SIU AND HOFFA'S TEAMSTERS WENT TO "WAR"OVER CONTROL OF A CABBIE UNION IN CHICAGO * THE SIU WON THE BLOODY FIGHT --SEVERAL SIU FOLKS WERE KILLED AND MANY TEAMSTER FOLK JUST WENT "MISSING" IN ACTION... MY DAD WAS A SIU "UNION MAN" BACK THEN.--HE PASTED ON SEVERAL YEARS AGO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread